006

Hey guys... how are yall sorry, sorry im typing this on a computer so idk how to feel. Anyway this authours note is not gonna be as long as the others ones so... hope you guys enjoy it! (Believe or not I wrote that authors note like 3 months ago... yeah that's how long I've been 'working' on this chapter) {and that authors note was written 3 months ago as well 😏}
______

Ok let's just disregard that whole authors note from like almost a year ago 😭. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Sign Language in bold]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1

(No ones POV)

It was a bright and sunny day in Iowa. Birds were chirping and Everything was nice. Athena was walking around with her mom getting ready to watch her cousin play in a baseball game.

"Why does it have to be so hot" Athena complained as her and her mom were walking to meet up with her dad at the ballpark. "Do you want it to snow while there's a baseball game going on or what." Athena's mom joked. Athena rolled her eyes and kept walking.

If there was something that Athena hated the most, it was hot weather.

Marcus was swinging his bat back and fourth trying to get prepared. Marcus loved baseball but if he was being honest, he wasn't the best at it.

He's been working really hard to get better at hitting though.

As Marcus was watching people warm up from outside of the fence and he hears little footsteps coming from behind him and a tap on his hand. He looks down to see his little brother handing him a piece of gum. He takes the gun and eats it.

Marcus looks in the crowd and his father and his sister still weren't there yet but he's sees his mom and she give him a reassuring look. Marcus then faces back to see the other team warming up still.

Athena and her Mom finally made it to the park. They went to take a seat on the bleachers. Athena's looking at some kids stretching and a kid swinging there bat. From the looks of it that kid looked pretty nervous. Then her eyes land on her cousin who was doing jumping jacks.

She waved at him to come over and he starts running towards her.

"Hey Athena" He said going in for a hug. "Hey Russel" She said back. Russel was one of Athena's best friends even though Russels her cousin.

"Good luck on your game today" Athena says smiling giving Russel a little punch on his shoulder. "I don't need luck. All of the kids on the other team look nervous already, I mean look at him." Russel pointed at the kid that I thought was looking nervous earlier.

"Yeah I'm sure you have nothing to worry about." She said looking back at her cousin.

Russel turns his head hearing his coach yelling his name. "Yeah I better get back, I'll see you after the game Athena" He said while running back to his coach. Athena then sits back down and sees a guy and a girl walking up to the bleachers looking at a mother and her son. "I'm guessing they're a family." Athena thought.
Athena shakes her head and pays attention back to the ball field.

Marcus has been preparing for this. (I don't know much about baseball or any sport for that matter so sorry if I say things that don't make any sense.) He was firming his feet into the dirt ground and he got into his stance that his coach taught him. He was making eyes with the guy that had everybody worried. Russel Hall. Who was the pitcher.