The Wicked

When you got to Roman's mansion you starred at it from the outside. "So you live here with him?" you asked, crossing your arms. Victor nodded, walking to the front foor. He opened it and walked inside, there was art everywhere and it was obviously wel kept. 

Your footsteps mimicked victor's as he led you to a room with a long table. Victor sat eating something in a seat in the middle. He was dressed in a velvet robe and rose-tinted glasses. "Ah, Victor you brought y/n! Exciting." he said gleefully, moving from his seat. 

He walked over to you and stood in front of you. "I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Roman." he said with a smile and held his hand out to you. You shook his hand. "Please, sit sit." he said gesturing back to the table. He returned to his seat and you sat across from him, Victor beside you. 

"I want to offer you a position." he said, intertwinging his fingers. You nodded for him to continue. "I need someone to help me, with getting things I want. And from the research I have done, you're good at it." he said with a smile. You cleared your throat. How did he know about what you were doing. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." you said in a strong but low voice. He smiled and motioned to Victor. He opened one of the files on the table. "First bank of Brooklyn." he said reading from one of the papers. You had got the CEO wrapped around your finger and ultimately robbed him blind, that was a good one. 

You nodded for him to continue. "Rellington Estates, Montgomery Incorprated, Cabiot Enterprises.." Victor listed off some of your finest work, the last one making you chuckle a bit. "That was a good one, he thought I was in love with him and gave me a third of his company." You laughed. 

The two me just looked at you amused. You were a con artist who went to Harvard for law school and has a masters in psychology, you knew how to professionally play people, mostly men. "I need you to agree to help me so I don't have to kill off such an amusing talent." Roman said leveling with you. You nodded, "Kay. On one condition." you said with a smile. Roman cocked his head a bit with a nod. "Free drinks." Roman smiled, "Deal." 

Roman had Victor show you to your room. You walked over to the big windoe overlooking Gotham. "I never thought I'd come back here." you said. He walked over and sat a chin down on your shoulder. "I never thought I'd see you again." Victor said, turning his face into your hair. You allowed your hand to come up and rest on the back of his head. 

You closed your eyes for a second. "How did we end up like this?" you asked softly. "Criminals." He pulled his head back up to sit on your shoulder as he wrapped his arms loosely around your waist. "There's no rest for the wicked." he said equally as soft. You nodded and turned around. "So what now?" you asked. He shrugged, "We wait for a job." 

"Victor, Y/n." Roman yelled. "And there's a job." Victor said with a smile. You followed him out of the room and to where Roman was now sitting in the loft area. He held a paper in his hand. "I want this. I need you two to go get it and bring it to the club tonight. We will have a party to celebrate." Roman said with a smile as Victor took the paper. 

You looked down at the giant ruby ring on the paper. A man was wearing it, he was younger but you recognized him, he ran one of the gangs here, you heard about him. "Oh this will be fun." you smiled at Victor. He nodded with a returned smile. "Get the keys."