CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Manhattan, New York City

One month ago...

BONUS CHAPTER

The girl straddled herself on top of me and began moving slowly, before picking up the pace. Roxy was the best one night stand I'd ever had and ever since it'd become more than just one night. She had a way of making my problems disappear.

She grabbed my hands and placed them against her breasts as she continued to move up and down. I tried to focus, but I just couldn't. It was all the alcohol from last night party that was messing with my head. It was senseless trying to have sex, but Roxy was making it impossible for me to not feel turned on.

She ran her fingers through my hair and she grasped it tightly. "You're so sexy," she whispered.

I could feel myself coming and as she leaned down to run her tongue along my neck, my body exploded. I felt the tremors rush through.

"Leah," I whispered.

Roxy pulled back immediately. "Who the hell is Leah? Wow, thanks for the turn-off, Dylan."

I watched as she climbed off me and quickly began pulling on her jeans. Her flaming red hair spilt over her pale shoulders in the early morning light and I knew that she was embarrassed as she turned away from me.

"Rox, I'm sorry," I said, as I got up from my bed and pulled on my shorts and jeans.

She yanked her red sweater on and pulled her hair into a low messy knot. "At least one of us got what they wanted."

"Look, I'm really sorry, Roxy. Let me make it up to you?" I grabbed her hand.

She looked up at me with her long lashes and smiled. "But we're just friends with benefits. There are no strings attached."

"Who said friends with benefits can't just go to a movie theatre?"

Roxy came closer. "You're too nice sometimes."

I leaned down to kiss her, but the loud bang at the door stopped me midway. Roxy pulled back and grabbed her satchel before opening the door.

Ryan walked in, as Roxy walked out.

"Early morning work out, huh?" Ryan asked as he came over.

He bumped fists with me, before sitting down at his desk and flipped open his laptop.

"No," I said, rubbing my eyes.

Hangovers sucked. Everything just felt worse, yet the temptation to drink again and drown in my problems would be here again tonight.

"That's why I stay sober at night. It's not worth it if you hook up with some hot ass if you can't enjoy it," Ryan said.

I pulled my tee-shirt on, neatened my sheets and grabbed my gym bag. "Yeah, I agree."

Ryan turned to face me in his chair. "About the other night," he began. "I'm sorry, man, Candice was insistent on doing something crazy with the pledges. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable with body rating that girl."

I ran a hand through my hair. "It's fine. Is she, okay? The girl that was body rated?"

Ryan nodded. "Oh, yeah. She's okay. I told Candy to make things better with her. It'll be fine. You know how easy these chicks are. It doesn't take them long to become sluts-"

"Not all of them are sluts," I said thinly. "It's like drugs and booze, everyone makes it seem okay to use. If everyone's doing it then you'll want to do it too."

Ryan laughed. "Whoa, what the hell man? Chill okay?"

"Yeah, I gotta go for my swim meet," I said, heading out the door.

"You do that and bring back the cool Dylan Heath that I'd become friends with, not the boring-ass you've become," Ryan called out as I left.

****

The cold water felt amazing against my skin as I waded through the water. My muscles relaxed. I felt like myself when I was here in the pool. I took a deep breath again and disappeared under the crystal blue surface.

My thoughts faded away and all there was, was me and the cool water. When I finally emerged, I saw Ryan standing at the edge, watching me carefully.

"Are you stalking me now?" I asked as I climbed out of the water and grabbed my backpack.

"I came to tell you that we may have some new pledges coming in tomorrow. I want you to plan the hell week," he said.

I immediately shook my head. "Look, man, I liked it when I first came here, but it's not my thing."

"Nothing harsh," Ryan said. "I promise bro. It's just tradition and we always do it."

I let out a deep breath. "It's supposed to be funny. I don't want to be the tormentor frat brother. I want it to harmless shit."

Ryan nodded and smiled. "All fun and games, I promise."

My phone began going off like crazy and I pulled it out to see new texts from Leah.

Leah: Wanna hang out?

I quickly typed up a new text.

Me: Sure :)

"Are you going to help with hell week?" Ryan asked.

I looked up and quickly threw my phone back into my backpack. "Yeah, sure."

"Don't disappoint me, Heath," he said as he jogged out through the doors.

I heard my phone ping again and a stupid smile spread across my face. I was going to see Leah again and nothing cheered me up more.