Hell Bent pt.3

"Missy!" Clara says from inside the TARDIS.

"Missy," the Doctor says.

"Missy. The Master. The lover of chaos, who wants you to love it, too. She's quite the matchmaker."

"Clara's our friend."

"I know. And you're both willing to risk all of Time and Space because you miss her. One wonders what the three of you will get up to next."

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I know we went too far. We get it. That's why we're doing what we're doing."

"And what would that be?"

"We're taking her back to Earth. Somewhere safe, somewhere out of the way. We're going to wipe her memory of every last detail of us. It'll be like our friendship never happened."

"That may not be what she wants."

"We've done it before. Usually, we do it telepathically, but this time, we've got something better" Clara picks up the neural block "it's quite painless."

"Will you tell her what you're going to do?"

"Of course."

"When?"

"Now" Clara activates the glasses again.

"Screen off" Ashildr gestures for the Doctor and I to go first, and they go inside.

"You ok?" the Doctor asks looking at Clara.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Just, you know, my pulse."

"Yeah, we'll fix that somehow. I promise. You remember Ashildr, of course.

"Yeah, sure."

"I thought you'd be more surprised to see her."

"I was watching. On the monitor" Clara picks up my glasses and moves away from the console. The Doctor picks up the neural block.

"No. Doctor, Seer, whatever you're both about to do, don't do it."

"It won't hurt, it'll be nothing. You'll just pass out for a moment" I reply.

"And then?"

"When you wake, you'll be fine."

"But..."

"Clara, just listen to me."

"Just say it. Say it. Come on. Tell me."

"When you wake up, you will have forgotten me and the Doctor. You'll have forgotten we ever even met."

"And why would I want that?"

"Because it's the only way. That stuff in your head, the image of us, they could use it to find you" Clara holds out my sunglasses.

"I, er I used these."

"On what?" the Doctor asks.

"That."

"What did you do?"

"What do you think? Ashildr's right, you see? We're too alike."

"Tell us what you did."

"What else? What else do you think I did? I reversed the polarity. Push that button, Doctor, Seer, it will go off in your own face."

"You were trying to trick us?"

"What were you doing to me?"

"We're trying to keep you safe."

"Why? Nobody's ever safe. I've never asked you two for that, ever. These have been the best years of my life, and they are mine. Tomorrow is promised to no one, but I insist upon my past. I am entitled to that. It's mine."