-✰𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝔽𝕖𝕝𝕝✰-

"And that's about it." I recounted. Alistair had pulled out a notebook from his back pocket as I spoke. He charted everything down whilst I waited patiently. My phone buzzed and I scrambled around to find it. Haley was calling. I headed to the kitchen for privacy. I held two fingers out to Alistair, signalling I'd just be a minute or two. He sighed and nodded.

Once I got to the kitchen, I placed the phone on speaker and placed it on the counter.

"Hey Haley, what's up?" I spoke. I looked back through the glass door to see Alistair still kneeling on the floor. The kitchen wasn't actually that far from the living room.

"I'm gonna fail!" She yelled. "That's what's up!"

"Why?" I asked, Haley was a B student, she would be fine in the upcoming test we were having next week.

"We're supposed to be studying at the cafe right now!" She hollered through the phone. "Are you going to come back?"

"Urm, I don't think so," I mumbled. "I'm kinda caught up with something." I couldn't explain this to Haley, she wasn't Star-Gifted. There were two more Star-Gifted in my College but they weren't studying Astronomy. They were neutral friends to me although we normally chatted at Star meetings.

"Are you still with that hot guy that dragged you away, I heard he's a transfer student studying Criminology and he's single." Haley gushed, her anger slipping away. "You should shoot your shot, he's cute, don't ya think?"

I felt the blood rush to my face. Calm down Cassie. I grumbled. "I guess."

"Yes girl, get him!" Haley hollered once more. "But I'm still gonna fail." Her mood lowered.

"Swing by mine during break, I'll give you my notes." I spoke. Haley squealed.

"Yes! Now I definitely won't fail!" 

"I bet you'll be the top student, after me of course." I replied, hyping her up.

"Wait," Haley interrupted, slowly, "You're at your house?"

"Urm, yeah?" 

"Omg, Cassie tell me you haven't done anything I would do with Ander?"

"What? No way!" I blushed.

"Alright, see you and that cute guy after, what's his name?"

"Alistair." I gruffed. "He's annoying, anyways see ya soon." I ended the call and looked back at the living room to check on Alistair. 

Only, he was gone. Did he leave? No, I didn't hear the door shut.

"So, you think I'm cute?" Alistair's voice boomed in my ear. I shrieked in surprise and darted a good metre away from him.

"Wha- no!" I stammered. Geez, I needed to collect myself. "So, about the key..."

"Yes, we need to go to Italy, I figured the key is there somewhere."

The frick? We were going to Italy? I've been to Italy before, we've got a holiday home there.

"Well, I'm basically flat broke right now so we're going to have to wait until like... I don't know, when I get my retirement pay when I'm sixty." I stated. "Wait no, that's not right. "You're going to have to ask my grandkids for my inheritance or something."

"Geez, you're really that broke?" Alistair asked. "When was the last time you checked your account?"

"Urm, last month?" I recalled. "Just before my parents left for Venezuela."