keanu reeves ➼ hard to get

Request: 16, 18 & 20 with Keanu for your prompt week please? I love your writing!

Warning(s): Language

Word Count: 1K

Prompt(s):

#16"Where is she?"

#18"Are you okay in there?"

#20"I say play hard to get."

{ requested by: anonymous from tumblr }

Keanu wasn't hard to get along with. He made you feel included in situations you feared you wouldn't be. As his co-star, you were constantly with him. You practiced fight scenes with him along with other scenes. He was the friendliest guy on set. It wasn't long until you realized the feelings you were developing for the fun-loving guy.

You knew that Keanu was naturally friendly, but you really wanted to test out whether he genuinely cared about you.

"I say play hard to get," suggested your other co-star, casually running his fingers through his smooth blonde hair. "I mean, if you really want to test him."

"Hard to get?" you asked, raising an eyebrow. "Doesn't that mean like...ignoring him and such?"

"Bingo!" he exclaimed, jokingly tapping his nose. "If he still manages to chase after you after you've been an asshole to him, the signs are clear."

"He's such a sweet guy though."

"You're an actress [Y/N]," the blonde star pointed out with an added eye roll from his ocean blue eyes. "I'm sure you can act like a jerk for once."

Your arm jerked from the lunch bell unexpectedly sounding off. You really lost track of time.

"There's lunch!" your friend called out, standing up from his seat. His stare shifted to over your shoulder and from his facial expression you could already tell who was coming. "I say you should start your test right about now."

As your blonde friend brushed past you, you already knew who was coming up from behind you. Chills ran down your spine as you heard the sound of your name leave the lips of your co-star. The second you heard him say your name, you automatically started to speedily walk away from him.

"Whoa, slow down there grandma," keanu witted, picking up his pace to match up with yours. You remained silent and avoided his eyes as he looked at you. "aren't you coming to join me and the guys for lunch?"

You didn't say a word and continued to ignore the kindhearted gentleman. You could tell that Keanu was beginning to question your sudden action to take no notice of him. Keanu stopped in his footsteps, thinking that you would stop too, but you just kept on walking.

"I um, well, uh, I'm going to go head over and get lunch," keanu called out, walking backwards toward the lunch area. "I guess come join us when you want?"