💛If I Could Be Enough💛

A/N- I got the first 7 lines of dialogue directly from the game, and when I read them at first I like, literally slammed my phone down bc DAMN.

Warning: One serious late chapter spoiler  ;•0

***

(Mammon POV)

"Mammon, that's super annoying. Also, maybe don't say it right into my ear." Levi irritatedly complained.

"How can he be so stupid? What a total moron." Belphie added.

Asmo chimed in, "Ugh I know. He really IS a moron."

Satan promptly announced, "Everyone, feel free to ignore the scumbag."

Per usual, Beel grumbled, "I'm hungry..."

"Satan's right," Lucifer started. "Let's ignore the scummy moron."

Frustrated, you shouted back, "Hey! Quit callin' me a moron! YOU'RE the morons!"

You stomped out the room and slammed the door behind you. There was no point in staying if they weren't going to listen to you anyways. You were pretty used to it, but that didn't mean it wasn't upsetting at times.

Without thinking about it, you found your way to Y/N's room. They always managed to cheer you up, and seemed to read you well. 'Ugh, how pathetic. Reaching out to a human for help,' you thought to yourself. The anger you experienced just seconds ago was replaced with a dull unhappiness and a pit in your stomach. You gazed ahead at the dark brown door, beginning to zone out. Fucking idiot. There's nothing to be upset about. You're the second born demon of greed, start acting like-

"Mammon?"

You turned your head around, seeing your human standing in front of you with some human food in their hand. "Ah, so you brought me food I see! Thank you very mu-"

"Why are you standing in front of my door..?" They questioned. You studied them for a second, realizing they had this sorta concerned look about them.

"Uh, I thought you were in there? So I was gonna ask to hang out! What else?" You answered.

"Well you were sorta just standing there." They simply stated, now opening the door. "Come on," they said, gently pulling you in their room by the wrist. You blinked a couple dozen times, noticing how tingly your wrist was feeling.

They sat on their bed, holding the plate in their lap, and patted the spot next to them. You flopped down, leaning your back onto the bed with your legs bent over the side, feet resting on the slightly soft carpet. You closed your eyes, the only noise being the occasional clink of Y/N's fork against their plate.

You opened your eyes once you felt them poke your nose. "Have some of this food." You scrunched your nose, realizing that they weren't really asking. It did smell noticeably good though...

"Why would I do that?" You mumbled, sitting upright.

"Uh, because it's yummy? I'm full anyways, so please finish for me." They said, carefully placing the plate in your lap. "It's buttery pancakes with hash browns and I left you a slice of toast just for fun~"