💛I'll Make you Smile💛

T/W- brief friendship drama

***

(MC POV)

"Hey dude! It's been a while yeah?"

"Y/N?! What the hell?!"

"Hey. I know I left on short notice but I've sorted everything out."

"What the hell?! I had no idea where you've been! You didn't say goodbye!"

"I know, and I'm sorry. That's why I'm calling now."

"If you even cared you would have tried to see me- or contact at least once!"

"That's not it! It's not that simple!"

"I don't even care. If you're not going to tell me anything then just leave. Don't call me."

...

You sighed, sinking into your mattress and recalled the conversation you had with your friend. You figured you'd be able to reason with them eventually, but at the moment you found yourself worried, sad, and lonely. What could I have said differently? Would it have changed anything?

Picking a gloomy song on your D.D.D., you closed your eyes and curled up on your bed, trying not to overthink it all.

You weren't sure how long you had laid there for, as the Devildom didn't have any changes in sunlight throughout the day. If you had to guess, maybe 2 hours.

Stretching, you climbed off your bed and onto the floor, your arms spread at your sides as you stared at the ceiling. For whatever reason, you always found the chill of the wood against your skin relaxing in some way.

Masked under the sound of your music, you noticed a faint banging on your door. "It's unlocked..." you softly mumbled. Noticing the sound didn't stop, you grumpily yelled again, "IT'S UNLOCKED, COME IN."

With the sound of a slam, the door whipped open and trotted in the demon of greed. "Heyy Y/N~!! Oh uh-"

In an irritated grumble, you snapped, "What?!"

You winced, noticing his obnoxious composure slip for a second into concern. The last thing I need is someone else worrying about this.

"Whatchya up to huh?" He questioned, looming over you. He softly nudged you on the leg with his socked foot.

"Absolutely nothing," you sighed out, turning your music up to drown out his voice. That made you feel guilty, plus a little sad- you liked talking to him, quite a lot really. It'd just be better to be alone though. You closed your eyes again, as if it'd draw attention away from you.

Somehow he still managed to shout your name above the melody of the song. Repeatedly.

Placing your palms on your temples and tangling your fingers in your hair, your eyebrows tensed up into a frown. You started having messy thoughts about the call.

I can't deal with this right now. I need to call them back and try to figure this stupid shit out. I'm a fucking idiot- of course I got that reaction! What about the other people I knew?? Will they even want to see me? I-

Your eyes shot open when you felt a soft hand caress your face. Jesus.

You noticed you had started tugging your hair sub-consciously.

Deeply inhaling, you loosened the grip on your hair and relaxed the muscles in your face, ending with an exhale.

You saw Mammon squatting next to you, balancing his weight on his feet. It looked like he mouthed 'Hey,' but you couldn't actually hear it above the song.