Mom

(bakugou reacting to how his mother was using his correct pronouns is just me projecting onto him so srry about that. also much shorter from now on)

Bakugou stood outside waiting for his mom. When she finally arrived his gut felt tied and tight, a nervousness filled his stomach. When she saw him though, she seemed relieved.
"Oh Kat." She cried, wrapping her arms around her son. "I'm so sorry, that man, he's gone now. I'm so, so sorry. Please don't hate me."

"I wouldn't ever go as far as saying hate, hag." Bakugou tried to growl, but it came out as a whimper. "We can go get your hair cut and a binder. I should've sent you to your grandparents, or protected you instead of-."

"Mom." He started, his tone softer than he knew was capable. "It's all good. I met people here, apart from the transphobes, who were actually really helpful. I didn't mind it here. Just don't send me here again or I will hang myself on that exact tree." He said, going completely monotone for the last part as he pointed at a tree. "Also, a haircut and a binder sounds nice."

...

Bakugou nearly cried for the unmentionable-th time. He felt like he was himself for once. His mother gleefully -and slightly reluctantly- threw out all or most of Bakugou's closet and the two headed to the store to buy him more clothes and after, she took him to his favourite restaurant.

"I'd like a table for me and my son please." Mitsuki happily said, putting her hand on Bakugou's shoulder. "I'm going to cry again." Bakugou whispered into his mother's ear. "Don't do that Kat. You don't mind Kat, do you?" She cautiously asked. "No, I like it, kind of. I was thinking Katsuki." He said as they were lead to a table. "I like it. Winning season, right?" She asked, Bakugou nodding.

Looking at her son, Mitsuki smiled, she was proud as fuck of her son. Son. Her little girl was all grown up and decided who she was. Her son. Mitsuki wasn't mad at him for that, she was mad at herself for all the gender stereotypes she laid on her son when he was little. But no time to dwindle on that. She knew where she was gonna drag Katsuki next. The home decor shop, she'll sell the shit in his room later but for now she's gonna make sure to make up for sending him to a conversion camp.

...

"What colours you thinking?" She asked. "Black and orange, maybe dark greens." He stated, flipping through the book of colours. A while later he'd picked the paint colours and various different decorations, small things mostly.

He's not sure how but for some reason there's a skateboard in their shopping cart as they make their way to the car.

...

Bakugou was just outside his bedroom when he heard a crash and shattering. He pushed the door open slowly to see him mom laughing at a lamp she dropped.

"Well, at least we were throwing it out, right?" She asked. Bakugou huffed a laugh as he began to help her clean up the mess.

a couple of tedious weeks of manual labour later

"Honestly, I like your room a lot more now." Mitsuki stated, wiping off the final bits of paint from her hands on her son. He didn't seem to mind anymore. He'd gone from hating his mom to not hating her basically, and this time with her to just paint his room and redecorate helped.

"Can I have a dog?" He asked, hopeful. "Now you're just milking it. But I'll start you on T. injections if you want." She smiled. "Testosterone over dog any day." He added.

He looked over to his bed, where the skateboard was.

"I still don't get why you bought that.."

"It'll grow on you, stop ruining the moment."

"What moment?"

"Shut up Katsuki, this moment. You're ruining it."

Confused, Bakugou chose to be quiet as his mother proudly examined her and her son's handy work. Not bad in her own opinion. Not bad at all.