Chapter 3 - Demon Lord Gu XiaoYu

"Come out," Feng Jiu stopped just as she had passed by Zhuxian Terrace. Fenrir leapt out from her hold as a figure in cream colored robes emerged behind her.

"You already know I was here? I hid my essence very well," the man responded. "That aside, who are you? You're the only one whom I can sense who has a different energy than them,"

Feng Jiu raises an eyebrow as she faces him. "Who are you?" and then as if he was struck by lightning, he flinched, bowed his head with his fists clasped before him. "Apologies, I should have introduced myself first. I am Gu XiaoYu, Lord of the Purple Demon Clan."

Feng Jiu said nothing, as if she was waiting for something. "Not that name."

The man's eyes widened, and after a few moments, thumped his clasped fist in his left chest with his left arm behind him. "My given name is Canterbury, from the House of Lapuli, the Grand General of the Winter Corps from the Elven Race."

Feng Jiu turned around, just in time to hide the quirk of her lips as soon as she learned his identity. She was then vaguely aware of the man who was dressed in silver armor and had the signature gray hair of his tribesmen. "And you, Lady?"

But at that time, a figure in white was coming towards them. It was Bai Zhen, with A-Li beside him. He looked at Canterbury questioningly, whom Fenrir has been circling around then back at her who beckoned to the wolf.

Feng Jiu nodded to Canterbury as she gathered Fenrir in her arms. "If Fate is kind, he will let us meet again, Demon Lord Gu," then she walks away.

In Canterbury's mind, a memory of a distant past resurfaces. In their realm where peace was hard-earned, he was again reminded of the lady in ice blue dress.

Her voice was as melodious and enchanting as the sirens, and though her eyes were already stained with the darkness of their realm, it always shined so bright like the Polaris.

He swallowed the lump in his throat, a bead of sweat sliding down his brows as his heart hammered against his ribcage.

'Your Excellency, is that you?'

::

Somehow, news of Eastern Qing Qiu's queen, Bai Feng Jiu, having a night rendezvous with the Purple Demon Lord, Gu Xiao Yu, spread like wildfire the next morning.

"The Purple Demon Lord is meek and delicate," Bai Zhen told Bai Qian, who was cradling the Little Dough in her lap. "He is more often than not sickly. What could our Little Jiu see in such a man?"

"Fourth Brother," chided Bai Qian gently. "Love and marriage comes at the most opportune times. You have long been worrying about Xiao Jiu's love life. Shouldn't you be supporting her?" Bai Qian had let A-Li go to Nai Nai to play with him, in fear that he would hear the foul language often used by her brother when he was frustrated - which was rare.

"He's a Demon Lord!" interjected Bai Zhen, frustrated. "We all were present in her trial against the demons!" he finished his tea in one big gulp and refilled it once more. "I don't think Second Brother is too happy with this," he sighed, shaking his head.