⥼𝙎𝙄𝙇𝙑𝙀𝙍⥽

A thief he was. Ever since he was 6, he had always been causing trouble around his village. Whether it was as simple as a small apple, or as large as an expensive wedding ring. He wanted it all.

He wasn't just a thief when it came to objects, but to hearts as well. He would run across the vast land of his home country and during his journey's he'd always have at least one maiden fall for him. Whether it was the way he spoke, how he looked, or his personality; it didn't matter. They fell, and that always gave him the upper hand.

The ladies wanted his heart, but he only wanted what was in their pockets. It truly is tragic for the maidens who become heartbroken at the realization.

Who is this man, you may ask? Why, no one knows his real name, but everyone called him Technoblade.

***

"Y/n, can you go out today and buy some ingredients for dinner tonight? Here, I'll hand you the list," Y/n L/n, a fine maiden who lived in the small urban village of Moonstone didn't have much, only her mother, but it was enough in her book. She was currently washing the clothes outside when her mother yelled for her from the kitchen window.

"Of course, mother!" Y/n put down the cloth in her hand and went inside to grab the list and the money needed.

"Thank you, sweetie. I don't know where I'd be without you." Y/n simply smiled at her mother before heading out into town. Luckily for her, today wasn't one of the busy days for the market, so she didn't have to deal with as many people.

"Apples...apples...oh, there they are!" Y/n spoke to herself before running up to a fruit stall. The old man said his greetings to the young woman before telling her all about his wares.

"I'll take 5 please."

"Alright, that'll be $2.56." Y/n nodded before giving him the correct amount, and him giving her the apples. She put them into her basket she brought with her and continued about her shopping trip.

As she continued to shop, she heard more and more murmurs about a ball coming up that the prince of the kingdom is holding. She didn't think much of it until she heard horses trotting in the distance. There was a pure white carriage with multiple guards on them, and the supposed prince in the middle. He looked at the town and people so condescending-like, and Y/n felt herself glare. He was the future king, shouldn't he at least fake that he likes his people?

Y/n noticed the carriage slow to a stop in the middle of the road, and quirked a brow. Was he about to make an announcement? Why couldn't his guards just do it?

The prince stood up while his guards sat down, and one of the other men with black hair blared a trumpet to get everyone's attention. (Not like he didn't already)

"Attention all. Tonight I will be holding a ball to find a wife. I will let female commoners in on one condition; I approve of you using my guards. They are all laid out around town, and you'll know if you've been chosen." Almost immediately, the girls around the carriage started squealing. Y/n saw the prince visibly scowl at the group of girls, making them shut up on the spot.

"What a waste." Y/n mumbled. She thought the prince had so much potential. He was incredibly handsome and charismatic, but he decided to be a total ass and abuse his power.

Sadly, almost all the girls in town fell for him. They all had the same fantasy about him; he would suddenly come to town and he would immediately fall for their beauty, and order for her to be married to him as soon as possible. Too bad the prince made this stupid announcement, now the girls' crushes have only intensified.

The blond smirked and clapped, alerting his guards and carriage driver that it was time to go. As the carriage passed, Y/n accidentally made eye contact with the prince, and she felt paralyzed. Luckily the contact didn't last but a few seconds, only it felt much longer for Y/n. She never wanted to look at those chilling green eyes again.

***

He was listening in the distance to the prince's announcement, and smirked. This would be perfect for him. All he needed was a girl, a good, good girl.

He followed a group of girls gossiping and fantasizing about their chances with the prince. How pathetic. Why would they want that piece of garbage when I'm right here?

He saw one of the girls break off the group and into a nearby alleyway.

Oh dear, hasn't anyone ever told you not to go in dark places alone?

He stopped right at the corner, his cloak covering most of his face, only his mouth showing. He heard the female giggling, and then mutter, "Suckers! I'm so glad I kept this piece of paper, cause now I get to meet my love!"

Oh, so that's how he was doing that. The guards would give out tickets to the girls they deemed worthy. What a stupid method. Seriously, it was absolutely ridiculous.

He'd have to keep following her until the sky started to get darker, and then-

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry sir; I wasn't looking where I was going and ended up running into you." He turned around to see a girl who couldn't have been much younger than him, bowing over and over because she just bumped into him. He wasn't going to lie; she was pretty cute. Her flustered face was also a bonus.

He laughed at her, without even meaning to. He felt himself blush and slap a hand over his mouth. What the hell? Why did I suddenly start laughing? Oh well, I have to go with it now.

"Uh, no need to bow. It really isn't that big of a deal." Actually, it kind of is. I can't let that other girl out of my sight, and this other girl is only distracting me.

"Good, I'm glad. You were scowling and looked like I just knocked you out of a deep thought process. I didn't want to make you angrier than you already looked." The female smiled and scratched her forearm, her other one carrying her groceries.

"Oh, I was just thinking about what I should have for dinner. Nothing serious." He laughed again, but he didn't fight it this time.

"Ah I understand. Anyways, I'll step out of your way now." The female bowed once more before walking off. He smiled a genuine smile before peering into the alleyway; the girl was still there in a daze. Perfect.

------

I'll be updating this book once every two weeks! So twice a month, hope you enjoy :)!