Part 1: The Spark

Spinel's POV

I feel something. Something that sparks for the boy in front of me. Something that makes me stop pounding my fists on his face and chest. Something that makes me fall, get up again, and blow my finger, making the injector rise. Something that makes me pick him up, jump off the injector and run for the warp system. The gems were in the house though.

"Steven! What have you done to him you monster!" Amethyst yells.

"Listen to me! I don't care what I've done, I don't care what Pink did, I don't know why I wanted to kill him so bad, all I know is that I want him to live now! I get it! I should have stayed in the garden like Pink told me to and let my gem rot, but I didn't, and now I want to help! I want to fix what I did, but you have to let me try first!" I shout at her, tears streaming down my face.

"Spinel, thank you," Steven says lovingly. He kisses his hand and puts it to my gem. "I forgive you. Whether I get through this or not, I forgive you. You are trying to make up for what you did, and, in my book, that is as good as not doing it in the first place. Thank you," He says in a soothing but raspy and weak voice.

"I'm so sorry. I should have stayed in the garden to rot. You tried to help me, but I hurt you anyway. I'm such a... such an idiot!" I state, calmly putting him on the ground and kneeling as I insult myself. My tears cut tracks on the blood on my face. His blood on my face. Bloody tears fall onto him as I insult and cuss at myself, hating me. "I'm sorry, Steven. I'm very, very sorry," Something happens as I cry on my victim. A dark pink light, the color of my gem emits through my tears and the light spreads, covering him. Now what? The light slowly fades and everyone gasps. Instead of an injured Steven, a healed Steven stands-or more like lies-in front of us. He gets up to his knees and looks at himself.

"Spinel. You have HEALING POWERS!!!!! What in the living heck! I thought I was the only one with healing powers, but you have them! Did you even know you had them?" I shake my head. I snap back to reality and I grab him in my arms and hug him. This shocks him a bit, then he hugs back, crying. "Thank you," he states calmly. We separate and I look at him.

 We separate and I look at him

"I meant what I said. I don't know why I wanted to hurt you so bad, but I promise on my gem that I won't do it again." I promise.

"Spinel, I've already forgiven you. Hey, come back here," I tried to sneak away from the gems.

"Steven, LET GO OF HER AND GET AWAY FROM THE MONSTER SHE IS!!!!" Amethyst screams. He walked over to me and tried to hug me again when they yell. They draw they're weapons and I draw my rejuvenator. They all shriek. "LOOK OUT! SHE'S GONNA ATTACK US! That PROVES she's a monster!" they scream. 

"Let me at 'um. I'll kill them. They call me a monster... I'll show them a monster!" I say quietly, but Steven can hear me. 

He runs in-between the Crystal Gems and me and shouts, "STOP! I don't want you to fight! She promised she wouldn't hurt me again, and she brought me back to life! She is GOOD!" I can't believe that he is standing up for me. He turns to me. "Spinel, ignore them. They are overprotective and rude. Can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Are you kidding? Anything!" I say certainly.

"Well, since you don't have a home and I would never make you go back to the garden, why don't you stay here? If you can ignore the gem's insults,"

1"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA??! YOUR LETTING ME LIVE WITH YOU?!!

PHOTO: "Your letting me live with you!!!!!"

(Back to the story)

"Yeah, if you want. If you don't, it's fine. It's your choice." He says with a smile.

"OF COURSE!" I say as I pull him into a hug and he hugs back. I feel like I never have before as I listen to the beautiful rhythm of his heartbeat, his breathing. Him stroking my hair when we sit down on the couch with my arms wrapped around him, is lovely.

I like being here already.