Part 2: Heartbeat

(5 months later)

Spinel's POV

Achoo! *sniff* 

"Spinel, I'm fine," Steven says as I put the thermometer in his mouth, trying to get me to stop fussing.

"Well, a cold could turn to the flu or stroke in less than a day, Steven!" I say, punching my head. I'm worried for him every time he has gotten a scratch since I moved in.  I don't know why, but I want to protect him from anything and everything. Then the thermometer beeps and I take it out of Steven's mouth.

"How do you even know what temperature I'm supposed to be? How do you know what stroke is? How do you now what the flu is?" His temperature is 104.4. Not good at all.

I've been doing research on it, alright? I need to get you to bed Mr. You have a fever." I get him up into his room tucked into bed with an icepack with a little hassle, but I did it. 

"What now Dr. Spinel?" he giggles at his own joke and I can't help but smile. At least he has his sense of humor.

"Now all you need is a TLCS," I say with my smile widening.

"What is a TLCS?" he asks with suspicion.

"A Tender Loving Caring Spinel!" I get under the blanket and get on top of him. "Your never going to be alone anywhere until your better," I say with my smile shrinking into a small one as I put my ear to his chest, hearing his  rhythmic heartbeat. Thump, thump, thump. It's a beautiful sound.

"Spinel... it's just a cold." he says as he strokes my hair.

"I'm just making sure this beautiful sound lasts forever," I say in the tone I only use around him. My loving tone.

"Okay... but can I at least go to the bathroom alone?" he asks, a pink blush appearing on his face.

"Not a chance," I say with a smirk.

(Comic is not mine. Property of starscheme on tumblr. )

(This is just a chappy I made for fun! Hope you like it!)

Please vote and comment. Happy reading!