Part 3: I Won't Say I'm in Love

(Please don't hate me if you don't celebrate Christmas. I just picked a random holiday I enjoyed and participated in. I know it wasn't Christmas when I published this, I just thought it was a good holiday. Now, onto the story!)

"What is this Christmas you are talking about?" I ask, genuinely interested, "And why is everyone so worked up over it?" We are both in the living room, sitting on the couch when I see everyone decorating.

"Oh! I forgot! You don't know what Christmas is! Christmas is a time to celebrate love and peace on Earth. It's when you give gifts to friends and family to celebrate how much you love them and how much they care," Steven explains with a smile.

"Hey Stee-man! You excited to try to find both of you under a mistletoe so you can kiss Spinel?" Amethyst exclaims as she bursts out in laughter, dropping the box she was holding.

"What is kissing?" I ask, confusion showing on my face. "I've heard that word before, but Steven won't tell me what it is. He says, and I quote, 'Spinel, there is no way I can explain it without actually doing it.' But that can't be true. Right Amy?" I question her.

"You Know, Steven kisses you on the cheek all the time."

"I mean real kissing."I clarify.

"Kissing is a way to show love and affection Spiney," she clarifies, sitting next to me on the couch. "Humans or gems do it to show they love one another," her face is dead serious, but I can see a bit of laughter glistening in her eyes because Steven hasn't told me already.

"Yes, but how do you do it?" I continue. I want to know why it makes Steven uncomfortable.

"That is something for the rest of us to know, and for you to find out," she teased as she got up and started to decorate.

"Steven, what time is it?" I ask him to calm his nerves. He takes out his phone and looks at the time.

"Crap! It's late! I should be in bed already," He states as he gets up.

"Why do you do need to go to bed every night?" I ask. He is always in bed every night.

"I need to sleep to live. You don't, but you can try it if you like," He says with a smile. "You can come up and sleep with me if you want,"

"Sure!" I immediately get up and follow him.

"Spinel, can you turn around please? I need to get my pajamas on," I turn around and wait for 30 seconds and stretch my eyes to see what he is doing, only to immediately snap them back when he looks at me. I like what I saw. I think he looks better without a shirt or pants. "Okay, you can turn around," I turn to see him in different clothes. "I have an extra set if you want some," He says when he notices me staring.

"Sure," I say as he hands them to me and I put them on after he is turned around. I make my own clothes come off and put the 'pajamas' on. He turns to see me in them and I blush. They are a little big on me. The neck line sits right, but  the shirt goes down past my knees.

 The neck line sits right, but  the shirt goes down past my knees