twenty six

january 8th

savanna wakes up around 11:30 the next morning. after all, she's exhausted from last night. she gets in the shower to try to wake herself up a bit. she lets her hair air dry. then, she gets dressed in comfy clothes before going back to kio's apartment.

bryce and kio are sitting at kio's kitchen counter eating the scrambled eggs and toast they made when they hear a knock on the door. "it's probably sav" kio says, "you should go get it."

"yeah" bryce agrees, getting up and walking towards the door. he opens the door to a red eyed savanna. it was obvious she cried herself to sleep last night, so he wraps her up in a hug. "gosh, babe. i'm so sorry" bryce says.

"it's ok, b" she says, hugging him back. she still insists on calling him that, even though he hates it. savanna smells the food they made, and says, "any left for me?"

"yeah, of course" kio says, putting the rest on a plate for her.

the three friends eat breakfast and talk about life. "so where's olivia this week?" savanna asks.

"oh, i don't know. paris? milan? i don't keep track anymore. i just know when she leaves and when she comes back" kio explains.

"oh. so when does she come back? i could really use a girls date with her" savanna says.

"tomorrow night."

"awesome."

"babe, you wanna go home?" bryce asks.

"yeah. sure. see ya, kio" savanna says, waving.

"later, man" bryce says, dapping him up.

"bye guys!" kio says.

on the short walk back to their apartment, savanna keeps fidgeting with her sweatshirt sleeve.

"sav, what's wrong?" bryce asks.

"nothing" she replies, letting go of her sleeve.

once they are back in their apartment, he asks again, "savanna, what's wrong with your wrist?"

"nothing, bryce" she says, tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear, causing her sleeve to fall slightly, revealing the bruise, but she quickly covers it back up.

bryce notices it. "don't lie to me. did... did i hurt you?" he asks with sadness in his eyes.

"yeah, but it's fine! it's just a bruise" she shrugs, grabbing a juice box from the fridge and heading to the couch, turning the tv on.

he sits down next to her and examines her wrist. "baby, it's not fine. i hurt you. i'm so sorry, savanna. god, i'm a terrible boyfriend" he groans.

savanna cuddles into bryce and says, "no bryce, you're an amazing boyfriend. don't beat yourself up."

"i feel so bad! how could i do this to you?"

"baby, it's fine. i'm fine. let's just watch the movie, ok?" savanna had turned on the avengers.

"ok. i'm sorry" he said once again, hugging her.

"it's ok, babe. i love you, bryce."

"i love you too, savanna."

when the movie finishes, savanna says, "chris evans could get it."

"isn't he like 40?" bryce asks.

"so?"

bryce just laughs in response.

"i'm tired" savanna groans.

"it's only 12:30. how are you tired?" bryce asks.

"i didn't sleep well. it's hard to sleep without you" savanna says.

"alright then, let's so take a nap."

"yes! i love nap time!" savanna says excitedly.

bryce chuckles at the love of his life's giddiness, "of course you do, babe."