~Chapter 1~

Third person POV

A figure dressed in lab gear, carrying a syringe, swipes an ID card across a security system. A beep sounds, and the door before them swings open. The figure enters from the dimly lit hallway into a light room filled of blinding white lights.

A green haired figure struggles in their chains. The figure has fluffy, unkempt green hair, and a tattoo of 01 tattooed on their shoulder. They are clearly a male.

"It's been a month, Oh-one. It's time for another quirk." The lab worker says. The male in chains struggles more ferociously, growling at the lab worker.

"Don't be like that. You're getting the quirk no matter what you do." The lab worker scolds the experiment. They sigh, and move their way to a side. The greenette seems to be panicking. They stopped thrashing, but now are breathing heavily. The worker pushes the long needle into the boy's skin. They push down the top of the syringe to force the orange liquid into the experiment's body.

The worker steps back. They place down the empty syringe on a table, and exit the room.

Meanwhile, the green haired boy, an unwilling experiment, is thrashing. Ear piercing screams escape his throat, each one filled with pain. The noise is inhumane. He thrashes and screams. Tears stream out of his eyes. The boy screams until his voice is hoarse.

The tears keep pouring down his face. He is begging, praying, under his voice. The boy wants an escape, he wants freedom. He knows he'll never get that, though.

Tears continue to fall down the experiment's face.

~Time skip brought to you by gay fanfiction~

Hawks, the famous pro hero, lands from his flight over. He looks to see All Might, Endeavor, Mt Lady, Kamui Woods, and many other pro heroes. He tucks in his wings, using his tongue to pick out the last bits of fried chicken between his teeth.

"Heroes, please, gather round!" The detective Tsukauchi calls. We all move around, wondering why we were called here.

"It has been drawn to the police's attention that there is a quirk experimentation lab." This announcement sends ripples through the crowd. No one knows how to feel about it. There's something that seems strange and dangerous that people have decided to experiment. It was bound to happen, and everyone knew that.

"That's not the worst part. They are experimenting on youth. They are taken at ages four to six, and the eldest currently is sixteen, according to our sources.

Now this makes a huge impact on the crowd.

All the pros look just about ready to start a riot. Hawks stands back as they yell, while he is filled with silent anger.

"Where is the location?" A pro yells. The detective tells the crowd. Hawks runs out to the balcony where he starts. He jumps off, spreading his wings.

Hawks searches the city for the location. He finds the abandoned building, and lands on the roof. The pro silently opens the door. He sneaks down the stairs, his feet making too much noise for his liking. The pro keeps moving until he reaches the bottom, below the ground floor. He looks at the hallway, and begins to walk down. The labels on the door tell him there are no human experiments in any of the rooms.

At the end of the long, dimly lit hallway, a room labeled "Experiment 01" stands before him. The pro moves one wing over to the security. He uses his feather to break and bypass the security measures.

Hawks enters the room to find a green haired boy. He had a tattoo on his shoulder claiming his experiment number, chains keeping him in place, a mask over his face, and a feral look in his eyes.

"Hello. I'm Hawks, a pro hero. I'm here to save you, young one." The pro speaks. The boy blinks. He hadn't been referred to anything other than "Oh-one" for years.

He winces and growls as the pro approaches by instinct. Hawks shows that he's empty handed. He then carefully unlocks the chains with one of his feathers. The boy blinks as he is freed from his bounds.

"What's your name?" The hero asks. The boy doesn't ask. Instead, he slowly stands on two shaky legs. His emerald green eyes are filled with a mix of emotions.

"Do you know how many others there are?" The pro asks. The boy simply shrugs, and begins to limp. Hawks follows him, shocked. The boy pushes open a door labeled "Experiments". Inside, there are many doors, with labels "Experiment 02" to "Experiment 56".

The pro hero and green haired boy work together to release all the experiments.

Hawks leads the way up the stairs again, while the green haired Zero-one takes the rear. The group of one pro hero and youth aged four to sixteen make their way up to the roof.

"I'll take you all down one by one. Stay in a group, and stay where you are until everyone is there, unless you're in danger." Hawks instructs. He starts by lifting a seven year old, and jumps off the roof.

One by one, the children are saved until only Zero-one is left. He waits patiently for the pro hero. Zero-one flexes his wrists, seeming surprised by the freedom.

Zero-one relaxes as Hawks returns. He allows himself to be taken down to the rest of the ex-experiments.

Hawks leads the group again, taking them to the nearest police station. As fifty five children give their names, the police recognize them as missing children cases. The final one looks anxious.

"Midoriya Izuku." He whispers at last. A policeman looks through some files.

"Midoriya Izuku. Lived alone with his mother, before going missing ten years ago. His mother died soon after he was stolen. Quirkless. Is that correct?" The policeman asks. Izuku nods, then pauses.

"Born quirkless." He whispers again. The policeman looks at Hawks. The pro hero shrugs.

"He's one of the kids from the quirk experimentation lab." He shrugs. The policeman nods.

"Okay. If you'll sit down please, son." The policeman instructs. The pro watches as relieved parent after relieved parent come and claim their long lost children.

At last, there is no one left, apart from the green haired boy. The policeman sighs.

"I suppose he'll have to go to an orphanage." He says. The pro hero pauses before leaving.

"Sir, if I may, there is a man who may be able to adopt him." Hawks suggests carefully. The policeman shrugs.

"It'd be better for him to have a proper parent." The police says. Hawks looks to the teen, who stands and follows the pro, like this was a routine.

The pair make their way to UA high, and wait outside a classroom. The bell rings, and a group of overexcited first years exit a classroom. The boy presses himself against the wall, as if to hide himself.

As the school children stop moving out, the pair enter.

"Shota! It's been a while." Hawks calls out. The tired looking teacher turns, then sees the boy.

"Yeah. This is one of the kids from the quirk experimentation lab. He's an orphan. I know you and Hizashi already have Hitoshi and Eri, but I hoped you'd be able to take him." The pro explains. The tired looking teacher nods.

"I'll take him."

Word count: 1237

Vote out of Tododeku or Bakudeku.

Ari-chan. 💕