~Chapter 5~

Shinso's POV

My new adoptive brother didn't show up to class after lunch. Dad got a text that he was going to a friend's place after school, but he wouldn't say which one. I was concerned, but Eri needed a babysitter while my fathers went to look for him. Instead, I pull out my phone, and go onto the class 1A group chat.

Do you guys know where Izuku is?

Pomeranian

Deku's missing?

Grapejuice

Probably safest that he's gone

[Grapejuice] left the conversation

Pinky
Who even added Mineta?

Can we stay focused?

Baby Shark
I think I saw him with Monoma

Kermit
Really?

Pikachu
Class 1B stirring up trouble again?

Icy-thot
Read up.

Kirby
I hope Izuku is okay!

Sonic
Shouldn't we leave this to our teacher?

He's busy

Pomeranian
Let's meet up at school in five

I'll see you all there

I turn off my phone. By the looks of it, Bakugo, Mina, Denki, Tsu, Kirishima, Todoroki and I will meet at school in five minutes. I look at Eri.

"Hey, Eri, can you do me a favor?" I ask, turning to my younger sister. She nods, and I smile.

"Go into one of the bedrooms, and lock yourself in. I'm going out for a few minutes, but I'll be back soon." I tell her. She nods, and goes to do as I ask. Now prepared, I leave the house.

Midoriya's POV

I wake up somewhere dark. It immediately reminds me of the quirk experimentation lab, right down to the quirk restraining cuffs on my wrists. I must have accidentally made them with my quirk.

As my eyes adjust to the dark, I see that I'm in a janitors cupboard. There is nothing muffling my mouth. I suddenly notice the pain, everywhere. Monoma definitely didn't go halfway with anything.

I hear footsteps along the corridor. I immediately get nervous, remembering the experiment lab, the feeling of helplessness, everything.

"-Only just out of the lab. He can't control his quirks, which is what happened with Eri." The voice sounds similar, like that of Shinso's. I crawl to the door, and place my ear against it.

"So he wouldn't run away?" A female voice, I think from one of my classmates.

"No." The firm answer, the lab, the incident with Eri. It must be Hitoshi.

I knock on the door, hoping someone hears me, before a headache starts throbbing so strongly I feel my eyesight go black. I lean against a wall, before going unconscious again.

Shinso's POV

I hear a knock. Everyone else heard it, and turn to the Janitor's cupboard. Todoroki opens it, and we all see Izuku inside. He's covered in bruises, and his nose is bloody. There is explosions on him. I turn to Bakugo.

"Did you run into Monoma at some point during the day?" I demand. Bakugo nods, looking shocked. He looks like he might be sick. Mina notices this as well, so does Kirishima and Kaminari.

"Come on, Bakubro, let's leave Hitoshi with his brother." Kirishima says. Bakugo nods again, walking away with the other three. Tsu calmly looks at Todoroki, who is now carrying him.

"Put Midoriya down. I brought a first aid kit here, keru." She says. Todoroki brings him out of the Janitor's cupboard, and places him down on the ground. Tsu calmly removes his shirt, and treats the injuries there. She then stands up, turning away.

"There may be injuries on his lower half, keru." She explains. I nod, and pull him onto the cupboard to get the privacy to treat Izuku's injuries.

Walking out, I carry Izuku, who is still unconscious. Todoroki looks anxious, while Tsu is calming him.

"It's not good, but it's not terrible. I don't expect he'll be showing up to school tomorrow." I tell them. Todoroki nods, and we say goodbye.

Eri's POV 

I hear the door open, and a yell from my brother.

"I'm home, Eri!"

I burst out of the cupboard, and run down the stairs, throwing myself into Hito's arms.

"Hito-chan!" I call out happily. He smiles, and catches me.

"Hello, Eri. Your other big brother is asleep right now. He got lost at school, and is very tired." He says. I nod, and Hito puts me down. I then walk up the stairs to check on big brother Izu, when I see a scary looking shadow lady, there above him, and quirk restraining handcuffs tying him to the wall.

I scream, bringing the scary lady's attention to me. I start backing away, when Hito runs into the room. He releases Izu from his restraints, and whispers something to him. Then, the scary lady disappears, as do the restraints. Izu is shivering, crying, whispering, and Hito is hugging him.

"Go get yourself some chocolate, Eri. That must have been scary." He instructs me. Knowing that means I need to leave the room, I nod, and close the door.

Midoriya's POV

It was her again. The lady that experimented on me for ten years. She was there, in my home, because of my quirk. She was mad, she was going to kill me. All because I can't control the quirk she gave me.

Hitoshi is hugging me, comforting me with empty words and vague promises. I eventually start to calm down. Hitoshi smiles.

"See? That's it. Nothing to worry about." He assured me. I nod, feeling tired from the panic, and the kid beating me. I forgot how exhausting using my quirk is.

I fall asleep before I can properly get into bed.

Aizawa's POV

I walk back into the house, to see Eri with a bar of chocolate, and Hitoshi is no where in sight. I sigh, and while my husband talks to Eri, I walk upstairs.

In Izuku's room, Hitoshi is pulling the covers up over his brother. I wait at the entrance while he walks up to me.

"We found Izuku beaten up, with explosions. We suspect it was Monoma. Then his quirk went out of control, creating a scene from the lab. He couldn't stop it, because his quirk was being restrained by his quirk." Hitoshi shrugs, walking past me. I hear him walk downstairs, and turn back to Izuku.

"What am I going to do with you?" I ask myself quietly, sighing again.

Word count: 1047