~Chapter 4~

Midoriya's POV

I sigh, rubbing my eyes. Honestly, it seems like a pain to get up on the morning.

I look over to my phone, to find two texts. I pick it up, not knowing anyone but my dads had my number.

Oi, Deku.

I knew that person was Kacchan. I save his number as Kacchan 💥🧡. I hope he doesn't see how I saved it, for my sake.

Hello, Midoriya. I am Todoroki, the kid with half and half hair. Bakugo gave me your number.

I sigh, and let out a small laugh. It was so unexpected of Bakugo to give someone my number. Shaking my head in surprise, I save his contact as Todoroki ❄️🔥.

I sigh, and rub my hair. Most would consider it bed head, but after years of only having my hair cut once a year, nothing was that bad anymore.

After a short, warm shower, I change into my uniform. Knowing that students from UA live near, I know the rumors will get around.

Throwing everything I might need in my bag, I go downstairs.

"Izuku. Can you come here for a second?" Dad asks. I dread the conversation about to happen, but nod.

"Can you control your quirks?" He asks. I shake my head.

"When I was given them, I was only allowed to use them as a pure instinctual, reflex way. I never learnt how to control them, or where my limits truly are. The one you saw last night was tested only once." I explain. Dad nods, and rubs my hair.

"Don't worry, Izuku, I don't blame you for what happened. Eri herself can't control her quirk at all. She went through something similar herself." He explains. I nod. It explains the small scars on her arms and legs.

Hitoshi comes downstairs, looking like he didn't sleep at all last night. Remembering what happened, it's quite possible that is what happened.

Dad, Hitoshi and I get into Dad's car. I stare out the window, waiting till I can find an empty place to be alone.

At school, Dad goes to the teacher's lounge, Hitoshi goes to his friends in class 1A, and I go to find my seat.

Two students notice me sitting alone. One is a brunette girl with short hair and pink cheeks. The other is a blue haired boy with glasses, and who looks quite preppy. They start coming over to me, when another black haired student with tape elbows calls them over, then whispers loudly to them.

"I wouldn't hang out with him, if I were you. The lab must have done something to his brain, because apparently he tried to attack his younger sister last night. There's a kid in class 1B who saw it."

"I heard he went in to watch his sister being killed." A pink haired girl with yellow, curly horns and pink skin says. A boy with spiky red hair walks over.

"I heard Mr Aizawa and Present Mic had to go and deal with it, and he tried to kill them too."

"I heard that his goal is to kill his family, and he has quirk restraint cuffs at his house he's forced to wear." A blond male with a lighting bolt in his hair adds.

"Tch. You damn extras don't know him." I am surprised when Kacchan comes to my defense.

"And you do?" The pink haired girl asks. He grins, his odd, but charming grin.

"Yes, I do. I knew him before he was kidnapped. He's still the same clumsy, kind, and overenthusiastic Deku, just with some quirks." He growls. I smile at his words.

Unfortunately, that's when the bell rings. I sigh, and watch everyone go to their desks.

~Time skip to lunch brought to you by the lazy author going biking~

At lunch, the whispers and judging glares of the school are on me. I end up sitting by myself, hearing the unfair and untrue rumors.

"Hi! Mind if I sit here?" A female voice asks. I look up to see the two who wanted to talk to me before. I give a startled smile, and nod.

"S-sure!"

Turns out, the female is Ochako Uraraka, and the male is Tenya Iida.

"Hi. Is this seat taken, kero?" A croaky voice asks. I turn to see the green haired girl, with her tongue sticking out. We all say she can. Her name is Tsuyu Asui, but prefers Tsu.

"Hi. I'm Todoroki, your classmate." Another male, the half and half coloured hair with the scar and heterochromatic eyes. I smile, and offer him the seat next to me. Though I wouldn't admit it to anyone else, he was cute.

"Midoriya!" A yell brakes me out of my trance. I blink, then realize I was muttering under my breath.

"Aah! I'm so sorry. It's a habit I picked up." I apologise, rubbing the back of my neck and blushing with embarrassment. Todoroki laughs.

"Woah. Todoroki-kun hasn't laughed all year." Uraraka ogles. Iida and Asui seem shocked as well.

"The year has been one month. Why don't we talk about something different?" He suggests. Iida nods.

"Midoriya. What happened with your sister yesterday?" He asks. I bow my head in shame, and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I'd rather not talk about it. All you need to know is it was an accident." I reply.

It's funny. I spent my whole childhood wishing and wanting and praying for a quirk. Now I have five, and hate them all.

A small chuckle escapes my throat before I can stop it. Fortunately, Uraraka had just said something that made everyone else laugh.

I stand up, leaving my untouched lunch where it sits. Everyone is looking at me, and I know it. I needed a break, an escape.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I say, walking away before they can say anything.

I explore until I find the bathroom, then walk into a stall, locking the door behind me. I start to cry, unable to control my emotions. I cry and cry until my head hurts, and I unlock the stall.

Walking to the sink, I splash my tear streaked face with water. I rub my face, and sigh, my head throbbing from crying, and continue to splash my face with water until it looks somewhat normal.

As I walk out of the bathroom, a kid grabs my arm and starts dragging me. I assume by his expression, he's the kid who started the rumors.

"I'm Monoma, class 1B. And you stole my rightful spot in class 1A, you monster." He spits. My eyes widen, and I shake my head.

"No..."

I hide my face as he raises a fist.

Word count: 1121