~Chapter 3~

Eri's POV

I was home with Papa when the door opened. I raced over to hug Daddy.

"Your home Daddy!" I squeal. My brother walks in, dropping his bag at the kitchen.

"Hey Pops!" He calls out to Papa. I let go of Daddy, and step back. That's when I see a weirdly dressed boy, with green hair, a loose, blue shirt and tight shorts. He's carrying two bags with clothes filled.

"Who's this, Daddy?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"Eri, this is your new brother, Izuku." He tells me. I smile at my new brother. He doesn't smile back. I worry if he doesn't like me.

"Don't worry, Eri. He's just not used to people. I promise he likes you, okay?" Daddy tells me, rubbing my head. I smile, and lean into the pat. He gives me a quick hug, then instructs my new brother to follow him. I watch them both make their way to the stairs.

Midoriya's POV

I follow my new Dad cautiously. The small girl reminded me of the lab, and I wasn't prepared for how to deal with that. I knew I had to forget it, but how could I? I had these weird quirks I needed to figure out.

"This is your room, Izuku." Dad says, pushing the door open. Inside, a gray, fluffy cat lies on the turquoise bedsheets. The cat mewls, and sits up. A wardrobe is to my left, and to my right, in the corner, there is a desk. In front of me, a cupboard sits.

It looks something like this

Dad smiles at me, and leaves me alone in my room. I close the windows to change into a comfy pair of shorts, a Ingenium shirt, and All Might jersey. I pull up the hood, and with the hair brush that was given to me, try to tame my hair.

"IZUKU! DINNER TIME!" A voice screeches. A yell from Dad reminds Pops about "inside voices". I laugh, and walk downstairs.

I walk down to see the kid in my class, Hitoshi Shinso, sitting there, talking to the other kid, Eri, around first year of elementary school. I sit at an empty spot, head down. I was nervous around people, most my experience being bullies, Kacchan, and the lab workers.

"I hope you like pasta, Izuku." The blonde haired man, Pops, says. I smile and nod. It had been years since I'd had any food except the gross food in the lab.

The family wait for everyone to be seated before starting the food. I struggled a bit with the chopsticks, much to my embarrassment. What kind of person doesn't know how to use chopsticks?

"Hey, Izuku, are you okay?" Dad asks. I look down, feeling embarrassed that he'd noticed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say. Besides, I wasn't that hungry. We barely ever ate in that hellhole.

Once dinner is finished, I help clean up. I then turn to Dad.

"Is it okay if I go for a walk?" I ask. He nods, telling me be back in about ten or twenty minutes. I smile at him, and exit the house.

After being trapped for so long, I had no idea how to fit into society, not if I even wanted to.

I sigh, looking around. That's when I realize I don't have a clue where I am. I look around, and that's when I see a familiar face.

"K-kacchan?" I question. He turns to see me, looking just like I did as a kid.

"Deku?" He asks. I nod, forcing a small smile onto my face.

"You're lost, aren't you?" He questions. I blush embarrassedly, and nod. Kacchan sigh, and grabs my hand.

"Come on. Where do you live?" He asks. I shrug, not remembering the address.

"Ummm... Do you know where Mr Aizawa lives?..." I ask. Kacchan sighs to himself. He pulls me along, and I let him.

At last, we reach Dad's house. I quickly check the time on the phone he gave me. I'm five minutes late.

"Thank you so much Kacchan. I really need to go now." I say, waving goodbye.

After a scolding from Dad, I shower, and change into one of the pairs of nightclothes Dad bought for me.

In my room, I start writing in a book. As soon as the doctor told me I was quirkless, I started assessing quirks. The quirk Creativity helps a lot with this. If it activated at the right time, I would get a demonstration of a quirk. This meant I learnt a lot about it before even having someone use it in front of me.

I realise I'm muttering again. I shake my head, telling myself to stop. Instead, I start writing about the quirks. My parents are pro heroes whose quirks I'd already studied, so those pages are easy. Creativity had given me a look at Hitoshi's quirk, so I can easily fill in his part. Meanwhile, I have no clue what Eri's quirk is. I question it, and write theories.

I wake to a female's scream. Realizing there is only one female in the house, I jump up from my desk, and trip over my chair while turning around.

I force myself up quickly, and throw my bedroom door open. It crashes into the wall, creating a dent, making me realize I accidentally activated Strength. Blinking it off, I continue to run.

Inside, I see Eri cornered by a dark mass. I recognize it from a dream. The realization that my newest quirk put my adopted sister hurts. I fall backwards. The lab just gave me quirks, but never taught me how to use or control them.

Dad and Pops run in, as does a sleepy Hitoshi. I push myself backwards into a wall. My sister is screaming, and out parents are fighting a monster I made.

You're a monster.

Quirkless loser.

Just because you have quirks doesn't mean you'll be a hero.

Villain quirk.

I curl up, begging the voices to stop.

Maybe it would have been better if I'd stayed in the lab.

~Time skip brought to you by my reaction to people eating broccoli~

Dad and Pops rescued Eri in the end, but not without her getting hurt. I couldn't believe that my quirk had harmed someone else. I had left the house for an hour, and came back in without saying anything. What could I say? "I'm sorry for nearly killing your daughter, but please forgive me?" No.

I didn't know if there was a place in the hero society for me.

Word count: 1096