14

Everyone sat on the bleachers as Ricky and Nini sang ‘The Start of Something New’. Ella grinned as Gina texted her, “You’re a lucky girl ;)” Ella’s face turned a light pink as she looked at the girl sitting on top of the piano. Ella jokingly stuck her tongue out, only for Gina to mock her.

The bell rang, stopping the song short. Ej rose from his seat and yelled out, “Yes! Yes! Whoo!” Everybody looked at him, “Sorry. I really love Thanksgiving.” Everyone chuckled at the senior.

“Okay, hold on.” Miss Jenn called out, “ I know everyone is excited for the holiday break but I’m me and I have notes.” Miss Jenn laughed at her own comment. 

Ella clicked on her voicemail to see that her dad had just left her one. Clicking it, she held the phone up to her ear, covering the other one so she could hear better. 

“Hey kid, listen I got called in for this really important meeting with the CEO of the company at 5 I don’t know how long it’ll be but I’m guessing it will be at least 8 or 9 o’clock when it’s done. How about I venmo you some money, you can maybe ubereats or something and I promise we’ll celebrate on another day, okay? I’m really sorry bud, I love you. Text me when you can.”

Ella sighed as she sent a text to her dad, telling him she understood. There went her good mood. Gina walked up to her, “why do you look like there’s a thunderstorm cloud over your head.” 

“oh, it’s nothing! Just gonna miss rehearsing during the break.” Ella lied. “ Ah I get that feeling.”

_______________________________________

Ella sat on her couch watching TV, shovelling lo mein into her mouth. Her phone buzzed as she got a call from Ricky. She picked up and before she could say anything Ricky said, “Either you’re coming over or I will walk to your house and drag you to mine before we head to the party.”

“What do you mean? I’m with my dad right now.” Ella lied again, her fork playing with the noodles in the dish.

“Your dad just texted me that he wasn't able to be home and asked if I could check up on you.” 

Ella sighed as she mentally cursed at her dad.

“Ricky-”

“Either you come at your own will or I will get you. We're going to Ashlyns party.” Ricky pushed.

“Okay, okay let me get changed I’m on my way.”

Ella got changed out of her pjs and into an actual outfit, quickly brushing her hair that got messed up during her 4 hour nap.

She brought over items to make smores with, in case anyone actually wanted to make them. Ricky only lived 2 blocks away so she could’ve walked but she decided to drive to his house. 

Closing her car door, she locked it and walked right into the Bowen household. Ricky ran into the kitchen where Ella stood, placing her items on the counter.

Ricky walked up behind her and hugged her from behind, Ella flinching at first but relaxing after remembering it was him. “Good evening gorgeous.” Ricky placed his chin on the top of her head. “Evening’ handsome.” Ella turned around in his arms to place a soft kiss on his jawline.