4.0

Dani

Today I had to wake up at 4 in the mf morning to go to this school because we had an out of town tournament. Philix and I had to a lot this past weekend. Our parents decided to go on another "business trip". At least my dad left a note telling us where they were and left us money.

"Philix get yo ass down here" I yelled from the living room. Of course we were running late to the bus. He came running down with his duffle bag in his hand. I snatched the money off the counter and we left. We pulled up to the school and everybody was looking for us. I quickly got my bag and went inside the gym.

Coach told us that she didn't car where we sat. I was the first on the bus and made sure to get a window seat. I felt the seat next to me dip and a kiss on my forehead. "Hey mamas" he spoke putting his hand on my thigh. "Hi Mikey" I said leaning in to kiss him but I was interrupted. "Can I sit here Mikey?" India asked playing with her hair. Me and Mikey shared a look. "No" we said at the same time. She sucked her teeth and found another seat.

Me and Mikey both so in fell asleep.

• ○ • ○ • ○ • ○ • ○ •

"Ahh you mad" I teased in Philix's face. He bet 60 dollars that he could beat me at basketball and lost. We went to the dave and busters that was on the first floor of the hotel because it wasn't check in time.

The next place we went was the movie theatre. We took a vote and the guys wanted to watch a dumb movie so me and Monroe just took pictures in the bathroom the whole time.

"Girl I gotta tell you something" Monroe said. We had got our rooms and I was so happy we were paired. "What" I jumped on her bed crossing my legs. "I sorta kinda like Kailen" she put a pillow over her face. Kailen was a senior on the guys team and he was far from ugly.

I was the only freshman on the girls team . "Omg are you gonna tell him?" I asked excitedly. "I don't know should I?" She asked. "I think you should y'all would be cute together" I told her. I feel like their personalities would just mix really well.

♧ ■ ♧ ■ ♧

Coach texted us and told us to meet her in the lobby in 10 minutes. We were scheduled to have practice time. We went over a few plays that we were gonna run tommorow them played knockout when the guys came.

It was down to me, Mikey, and Philix. Mikey knocked philix out then I got Mikey out and won. The loser had to pay the winner 40 dollars. I felt my phone buzz and it was Mikey sending me money on cash app. I quickly sent it back because he payed for my shoes last week. This caused us to go in a war but I soon gave up.

When we arrived back at the hotel I took a shower then Mikey and kailen came into the room. I took Mikey to my room and ordered a buffalo ranch chicken sandwich from Whataburger. (^that shit be bussin^)
we put on Netflix and chilled for the rest of the night.

× • × • × • × • ×

It was halftime at the guys first game of the tournament. They were blowing out this team from the northside of California. I got up to go get a Gatorade from the confession stands. By the time I had came back 3rd quarter had started. I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Is anyone sitting here?" I heard making me turn my head.

I couldn't believe my eyes my da was standing in front of me. "Dad" I jumped up and hugged him tight making him laugh. "What are you doing here?" I was really surprised he was here. "I couldn't miss anymore of you and P's games" he said referring to me and my brother. I honestly was so happy.

"Well where's mom?" I asked kind of already knowing the answer. "You know how your mother is" he sighed. My mother didn't really support us in a lot of the things we did. She wants P to be a lawyer and she thinks I'm way too boy-like. "Why can't she understand we love basketball?" I asked more so myself than him. He shrugged.

Mikey got a crazy breakaway dunk and I started screaming like crazy. My dad gasped looking at me. "You like Mikey?" He asked with wide eyes making me laugh. "Your so late get with the program" I said rolling my neck.

Philix pov

Dani's game just started and I was sitting with my dad and Mikey. I knew Mikey really liked Dani, every time she made a bucket he would smile like crazy. It was really funny watching my dad ask him questions about Dani and him getting flustered.

The girls won their game by a lot. We all went out to dinner until it was time for us to get back to the hotel.

Dani

Mikey and kailen were walking me and Monroe back to our room. We got in trouble for letting the guys stay in our room so they had to go back. We were about to walk in when kailen pulled Monroe back into the hallway. I pulled Mikey in the room and put my ear to the door.

I couldn't really hear what they were saying because Mikey was kissing me along my neck. I mushed his head away from me and it hit the door making a loud thump. I gave him an apologetic look as he mugged me. "Rude ass" I muttered under my breath. "Big headed ass" he said not even trying to whisper.

Monroe came in and Mikey left. "He wants to go on a date" she squealed. I jumped on her squealing as well. We spent the rest of the night talking about our future men.

Author's note
Can we get to 1000 tonight? What's y'alls favorite part about this book? What should I do next?

-Jasmine✌