what if?

"daichi," suga rolled his eyes, "it's late. i don't want to walk over to your house."

"please? i'll order food."

suga thought for a minute, then replied, "fine, but the food better be there when i get there. i want a milkshake."

"okay! bye, i love you," daichi babbled.

"love you too, dork." suga hung up the phone, and got dressed.

"hey, sakura," suga said as he opened the door to his older sister's room, "i'm going out."

she was laid out against her bed with a face mask on and cucumbers over her eyes. "mkay. where? and why? it's like," she paused, "late."

"strip club."

"mhhhm alrighty. you wanna keep it a secret. i see how it is. can you put on tia tamera for me real quick? my phones on my dresser."

suga chuckled and found the song, setting down her phone on the night stand next to her. "bye."

"see ya loser."

suga knew how dangerous it was to walk alone at night, especially 2 am, but he ignored this. he took a deep breath in before hopping out of his bedroom window. damn you secret relationship. all this for a booty call, food, and some homework answers, he thought as he picked himself out of his bushes and started the forty minute walk to daichi's. he sent a quick text to his boyfriend.

he glanced back at his house, making sure he didn't wake anyone up, and left down the street. his pace was quick, as he was eager to be back inside a home.

it's chilly, and he started his inter monologue, putting in a single earbud to listen to some music as he walked. this is probably my favorite time of year. spring is always pretty, and it smells like it just rained.

i wonder what oikawa's up to. ah i really messed up, he groaned. i need to apologize, but i'm pretty sure he's still mad at me. at least akaashi is talking to me. i should ask akaashi about him. i'm pretty sure they're talking.

he sighed, i need to stop stressing about this. it's probably bad for me. i think daichi feels partially responsible too. suga kicked a rock along the side walk. he stared at his feet as he walked, stuffing his hands into his coat pocket.

he pressed the button to cross the street that was the halfway point between the two's houses and waited for the sign to turn white. he tried to jogged across, however was stopped by something.

•••

12 texts, and still no answer. he always answers my texts... daichi grabbed a coat and headed out the door. where is he, daichi thought, worried. he started to run down the path that he knew suga took to his house.

his heart dropped when he saw the multiple police cars and two ambulances parked at the cross walk. there's no way, he thought, pushing through the police tape.

"hey kid!" an officer grabbed his arm and stopped him. "what are you thinking?"

"i'm not, who is it?"

the officer gave him a a weird look, then replied, "we aren't sure. he wasn't carrying any kind of identification and his phone was broken when the car hit him."

it can't be him, daichi felt his eyes sting. "c-can i see the person?"

"i suppose so, kid. you look to be his age. maybe you know him. it's not the prettiest sight."

the police officer led him into one of the ambulances, and there he was. daichi rushed over to suga's side, not caring to wipe the tears pouring down his face. suga had blood running down his forehead. "k-koushi?"