hinata shoyo

• 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚎 : 𝚙𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 •
TRIGGER WARNING:
this chapter will mention suicide, please, if you are not comfortable reading carry on to the next one shot. i do not want to make you uncomfortable <3
---------------------------

The gathering was quiet. Not many people spoke but there was a light chatter between a few others. Most were dressed up in black suits, others wore black clothing, and only a small handful that had a normal outfit on.

There was definitely a thickness in the air. It was hard to breathe for some as they chocked back the tears. The first open cries came from a weeping mother, holding both of her hands where her heart was as her shoulder trembled. A small gathering surrounded her, wanting to give her relief but they too began to cry themselves. The family was broken, shattered. There was a heavy weight on each of their shoulders that pushed them done, not being able to be lifted back up.

How could they not notice?

How did they not see any signs?

Why did this happen?

Hinata stood from a distance, watching the small group try to support each other during the hard time. He, too, had tear stains against his red cheeks from crying his heart and soul out right before arriving to the funeral home. He wanted to hold all of it in, not wanting to show weakness in front of his family but Hinata definitely wasn't the strongest. He wasn't strong enough to keep him alive. Bowing his head down, his orange bangs shadowing his teary eyes, Hinata no longer cared if his weaknesses were exposed. He missed HIM so much..

Flinching at the hand that touched his shoulder, Hinata looked backed up to see a few of Nekoma's teammates standing in front of him. The hand was attached to Kuroo, who shared the same pained expression on his face. His eyes were stained red and puffy. Kuroo had his moment of grieving right before greeting Hinata with an attempted warm smile.

"Hey.." Kuroo's voice cracked.

"Hey." Hinata could barely speak above a whisper. There was nothing he wanted to say, there was nothing to say.

"Have you went up there?" Behind Kuroo, Lev stood with a slouch.

Shaking his head, Hinata's eyes glanced in the direction where the casket laid but his couldnt stare for long before tearing up again.

"Well," Kuroo squeezed Hinata's shoulder before pulling his hand away. "dont force yourself. The feelings you must have.. I'm so sorry Hinata. If only I knew what was going on through his head-!?"

"Don't blame yourself, senpai."

"It's hard not too. Being his captain and his friend, I should've caught on. And you being his boyfriend.."

Hinata stayed quiet, staring at their shoes.

"He hid a lot from us." Finally he spoke up, hugging himself with a tight grip. "I might've been his boyfriend but he hid a lot from me. I-I tried to figure out what was wrong but I guess I was too late, huh?" With a pitiful chuckle, Hinata bowed his head before walking off, the captain and middle blocker watching him from behind.

He didn't know where he was walking too. His legs took control and guided him through the entire building, wanting avoid as many people as possible. Eventually stopping, he realized he was only standing a few feet away from the black casket on the stand. The casket was closed, just as he wished it to be. Hinata couldnt move. He stared at the shiny black wood, carved perfectly with the sliver handles on each side. Hundreds of flowers were bundled on top, flowers his family had picked out of love, respect, and acceptance.