Chapter 14

Feel free to listen to the music above as you read :) 

I stared down at the pile of dust in horror, tears pricking the corners of my eyes. Sans fell down to his knees before the pile of dust, picking up Papyrus's scarf, the only thing left. He begin to sob into it, I could hear him mumble, "Not again."

I tore my eyes away, staring ahead, the cool breeze flowing through my hair. I noticed footprints in the snow along with drops of blood and dust. They seemed fresh, we just missed them. Anger replaced my grief. I trusted them, I even helped them. And this is how they repay me, by killing Papyrus, the one person who took me in. 

I sprinted towards the forest, following the footprints. The wind whipped back me, the cold seeming to fade away into memory. I had only one goal, and that is to get answers. I slowed down to a walk, seeing Frisk walking up ahead, dust covered her sweater and pants. A knife was firmly gripped in her hands, which was stained with blood. 

I glared into her back, screaming out, "Why!?" 

Frisk stopped walking, turning her head to look at me, her eyes were no longer brown but were instead bright red. A crazed smile formed along her face, "Because I felt like it. He's not the nicest person anyway." 

She turned herself completely around, her crazed grin not leaving her face. I bared my fangs, "How dare you!" Tears filled the corner of my eyes as I glared down at her, "I trusted you! I cared for you! I helped you!" 

"Oh boo who." Frisk said, making a fake pouty face. "I got betrayed by a person I hardly knew! Resulting in Papyrus's death!" Frisk whined, taking a few steps forward. Before she burst out in laughter, "Guess you should've stayed in Snowdin instead of going on that date with Sans." 

My eyes narrowed into slits, how does she even know about that. She then let out a small giggle, "So what are you going to do (Y/N)?~" 

"I'm going to rip you apart." I growled, getting into a fighting position. 

Frisk giggled, "You really think you can defeat me?~" She charged forward, her red eyes seemed to give off a glow as she lunged forward. 

I stepped to the side quickly, avoiding the knife as she swung it at me, narrowly missing my neck.  She continued her attacks, aiming for my stomach now. I transformed into my cat form, running right between her legs, before turning back into my human form, placing a kick on her back. Sending her face first into the snow. 

She let out a frustrated groan, glaring at me through the corner out of her eye. I stood behind her, slightly out of breath. I have to admit, she is quick and light on her feet, plus she is smaller than me ... in my human form anyway, which gives her a huge advantage. She also seemed to have battle experience ... strong battle experience. 

All I'm doing is improvising, and staying alert. If I just keep dodging, she should tire out before me ... I have my friend endurance I can always count on. Now ... it's time to make her think irrationally. 

I gave her a smug grin, opening my arms out in invitation for her to strike me, "If that all you got?" 

Frisk jumped up to her feet, before charging at me once more, swinging her knife around wildly. I was barely able to dodge most of the attacks, but I wasn't that lucky. Sometimes her strikes raked across my arms, they weren't deep, and hardly bleed. But it didn't go unnoticed by Frisk, as a smug smile formed along her face. 

I could think of a way to get her away, until I tripped over a tree root I was unaware of. I landed flat on my back, knocking the breath out of me. Frisk took the chance and embedded the knife deep into my shoulder, I bit my tongue, preventing myself from screaming out in pain, not wanting to give the demon child a hint of satisfaction.