Chapter 17

It's been days since the ... incident, Sans came back to the lab with bruises and cracked bones. He looked ... defeated, sad, but he faced me with a smile, claiming he tripped on his way there. But I knew the truth, Papyrus got violent ... much more violent than usual which means he was frustrated about something. But I never found out what or why. 

When he took me back to the house, Papyrus acted as if nothing happened, instead he talked about seeing Frisk for the first time, telling me how she did in the puzzles. I saw it as ... strange, he never said a word about the fight ... nor did he apologize to either of us. Not to mention he started talking to me as if I was a peasant under his rule, he had never done that. He treats Sans even worse, but for some reason Sans never fought back, which I saw as strange as well. 

Sans has been mostly quiet, seeming to be lost in thought, like as if he was contemplating something. He would even disappear for hours which leads to Papyrus yelling at him about it, questioning him. I've gotten worried, he hardly sleeps or eats, instead he's up in his room or by his station writing notes. 

I feel alone in this battle, Papyrus doesn't seem to notice or care anymore. Sans won't even talk to me about what's going on, saying with a smile, "It's for yer own good sweetheart." 

That's not even the worst part either, I've noticed signs of something coming. Frisk told me she noticed the ruin doors were open one day when she backtracked because she didn't see Sans, thinking she left the ruins too early. She also noticed multiple footprints leading away from the door and into the forest. I could never have time to tell the brothers; for they are either arguing, out of the house, or telling me off in their own way whenever I open my mouth. 

I let out a sigh as I laid on the green couch, Doomfanger laying on my chest as I scratched behind his ears. "I feel like whenever something good happens, something worse always comes along." I mumble to myself, Doomfanger letting out a purr, seeming to try to comfort me as he could sense my stress. 

An idea came to my mind, there is one person that might now what's going on. I took Doomfanger off my chest gently, going over towards the front door, slipping on my shoes while saying, "I'll be back soon."

I run out the front door, closing it behind me before climbing down the porch quickly, transforming into my cat form as I raced across the snowy ground. I wondered along the forest ground, looking around for the familiar dark brown coat. I sniffed the air, the scent of pines reaching my nose, but nothing else. 

"I know you're out there!" I call out, looking up into the trees, searching. "You've been tracking me wherever I go!" I continue, my eyes narrowing. "I just want to talk!"

"There is no more talking." I hear a voice say behind me, Tiger lunging out at me from behind, tackling me to the ground. "All I need to do is bring you back to the doctor dead or alive, then I get to see my little sister again." 

"There is something unusual happening here, what is it?" I questioned, glaring up at him. 

"How should I know?" He lied right through his teeth before saying, "Now we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." 

I hissed in response, baring my fangs, using my back legs to knock him off me as I jump up to my feet. "I don't have time for this." I growl, my ears flattening against my head, as my tail twitched in frustration. "I just want to know what's here! This whole civilization could be in danger."

"I don't care." He growled, lunging for, I moved quickly out of the way, dodging the swipe of his claws. My patience was growing thin very fast, my eyes narrowed to slits as I glare into his amber colored orbs. A smirk then formed as he spoke, "I see now, you have been getting a cold shoulder from your little boyfriend and his brother. You have no one to talk to ... how pathetic."