Paying a Visit was a Mistake

Summary: Pina decides to visit Legosi at his apartment.

I like you...

I like you...

I like...

Pina's thoughts kept looping the same phrase as he paced back and fourth outside of the shabby apartment building that Legosi apparently lived in. He managed to find the wolf's address through Haru...

Haru...

A bitter taste fell on Pina's tongue at the thought of the white rabbit, weight pressing down on his stomach. He knew Legosi liked her. He knew, and yet he still thought he could have a chance with him.

God—

Pina clenched his teeth, eyes burning with unsheathe tears, "Stop fooling yourself!" he quietly snapped at the empty air surrounding him, "He'll never love you..." the last sentence came out quiet as he slowed his pacing, gaze resting back on the building, hands crumpling the piece of paper in his jacket pocket.

He needed to leave. Coming here was a mistake, and what on earth was he even thinking? Legosi has his heart set on another. He couldn't just come tell Legosi his feelings and come in between them like that. It would be rude, and heartbreaking.

Pina took one last look at the apartment, swallowing hard. He turned to leave, ignoring the weight in his stomach.

+Bonus+

This lovely addition to the story was commented on AO3 by PantryMonster. It may not blend well, because we have two different writing styles, but I still really enjoyed reading it, and thought it deserved to be shared on here as well, since it's already on Archive. I hope you enjoy their contribution as much as I did!

"He turned to leave, ignoring the weight in his stomach." ...Only to turn straight into Legosi.

"Pina?" Legosi said, his ear twitching in curiosity.
Pina was only chest level to Legosi. He had to crane his head up to look him properly in the face. From the close distance, he could see everything. Every single little detail of Legosi's face was in startling HD. From the way the paler fur on his face blended in to the darker gray fur on his head, to the barely noticeable way his fangs peeked from under his lips.

Damn, damn, DAMN! Pina thought as his pale face was dusted with pink.