I wasn't looking for love,

Chapter 5
💜I wasn't looking for love🖤

"No."

Kyoko sighed, "Captain, with all due respect, this could be a huge lead."

"I said no." Byakuya stated firmly, "That's final."

"But-"

"No, it's too dangerous and you and Shuichi are too valuable of detectives.

Kyoko paused, glancing at the note again. It said eleven in the morning, so if they wanted to be there on time, they'd have to leave soon.

"Fine." She responded.

●●●●●

Kyoko raised an eyebrow at their hotel room in Hiroshima. It was much smaller and cheaper than their room in Tokyo.

Two small beds sat at opposite ends of the room, a small table in between them. The only light in the room was a small lamp, which was in the corner of the room next to a curtain covered window. Next to the window was a cushioned chair. Next to that, a TV.

Shuichi peered through the doorway behind her, not looking fazed by the room quality. He politely pushed past her and set his suitcase on the bed. He looked over at Kyoko. She hadn't said anything since they left Tokyo, and he was a but concerned.

"Hey Kyoko?"

She shot him a look.

He put up his hands, flinching back a bit, "Sorry!"

She checked her watch briefly, "We have an hour." Pulling the note out, she turned it over, "I'm assuming they're coming to us, seeing as they didn't add a place."

Shuichi nodded, his hand instinctively going up to his mouth. "I'm going to take a nap."

"I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't bother me."

Kyoko turned away from him, sitting on a chair in the corner of the room and opening one of the magazines set out on a small side table. It was filled with fitness wear and models, but Kyoko wasn't paying attention to the words on it. Her mind was racing with possibilities, outcomes, dangers.

But one thing was still bothering her. Byakuya. She had gone against his orders and drove down to Hiroshima. She would surely be punished for this.

Unless, she succeeded at finding Oma and Ludenberg.

But that was not guaranteed. Though, she probably wouldn't give up.

Silence filled the room, only broken by Shuichi's quiet breaths. Kyoko felt herself developing a headache and closed her eyes.

The sound of a knock awoke Shuichi. He was on his feet almost instantly, surprising Kyoko. She had never seen him react to anything like that. Standing, Kyoko put her hand to her holster to make sure she had her gun on her. She made her way to the door, putting her hand on the doorknob and looking back at Shuichi.

She saw him nod at her, pulling his own gun slightly out of it's holster with shaking hands. With his confirmation, she swung the door open.

Outside stood a woman with long brown hair. Her face seemed to be stuck in a constant, piercing glare and her hands were stuffed into the pockets of some baggy pants.

Kyoko narrowed her eyes as the woman walked into the room. She turned around and gestured for the detective to close the door. Kyoko slowly shut the door, her grip tightening around the gun.

"No need for that." The brunette said, glancing at her holster, "It's not like it'll stop me if I decided to attack you."

Shuichi spoke up, "Who are you?"

Her gaze met his unwaveringly, "Maki," she looked back over at Kyoko, "I heard you're looking for Kokichi. I've got information."

●●●●●

I'm sorry this is so short. When I planned this chapter I didn't think of word count, so a lot of chapters are much longer than others.