5: Just Friends

Song:
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
- Joji

•Love's POV • 5:58pm
I shut the car door and turn around to look at the place Grayson and I were at.
It was beautiful. We were up in the mountains and this park was towards the edge of the cliff.
I sit on one of the swings and take a deep breath as I stare at the gorgeous view.

I look at the swing next to me and see Grayson sitting down and pushing himself back slightly so the swing can rock a little.
"It's really nice here" I say studying his features as he looks at the view and smiles.
"Yea, I come here whenever I feel stressed or just need to think. It's really relaxing" He says turning his head toward me and looking into my eyes. I look away and look down and notice how high up we are.

"So. Tell me. Why did you take me here?" I say meeting his eyes again.
"I was bored and I also wanted to hangout. You're really cool and I enjoyed hanging out with you at the party" he says.

"Yea you're cool too. But don't you have a girlfriend? Like I don't wanna get her upset if she finds out we're friends and hanging out ." I say biting the inside of my cheek.
He lightly laughs and looks back at the sunset.

"Look. Me and my girlfriend are complicated right now." He says with a sigh. I noticed how his mood changed and he seemed upset. Something was bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I ask swinging myself slightly.

"It's just I- I don't have feelings for her I just don't wanna be with her anymore but I don't wanna hurt her" He says running a hand through his hair.

I turn my body towards him fully and look around for a minute. I'm the type of friend that always gives the best advice but I may need a few seconds to find the right words because I'm a dyslexic ass bitch. It's obvious that Grayson's relationship is toxic and unhealthy for both of the people.

"Honestly Gray, I think that you should tell her how you feel because the more you're leading her on the more she's gonna fall for you and by the time you leave her she gonna be crushed." I say cringing because that didn't really make sense.

"Look. This doesn't make sense but- Uh" I stop talking and think for a second
He laughs and crosses his arms. "I get what you're trying to say"
"You're basically throwing coal into fire the longer you stay with her. So it's best if you just let her know now before this "fire" gets out of control and she's like head over heels for you" I ramble on hoping he gets what I'm trying to say. I suck at this.

He stands up from the swing and sits on the blue bench. I watch as he looks over at me still on the swing and pats the spot next to him before running his hand through his hair.
I walk over to the bench and sit next to him as we both admire the view.

"I get what you were trying to say. It's just hard. I'm scared" he says looking down.
"What are you scared of?" I say looking at his side profile. He then looks up at me. Our eyes meeting for the one hundredth time tonight.

I notice how close our faces are. I look around his face and admire all his features.

How can one be so gorgeous? His eyes are a perfect color. Hazel with a little bit of green. I notice how they were filled with confusion as he was probably thinking about this girl that's got him scared for some reason.

I notice how his eyebrows were perfectly shaped and his lips.

Oh god his lips.

His lips were the nicest shade of pink. I watched how he licked them slightly as he stared into my eyes.

I slowly look back up to his eyes and watch how he looks down to my lips and before I knew it we were both leaning in. I closed my eyes slowly waiting for the feeling of his lips on mine and then hear the sound of a ringtone.

I back away from him and sit back in my spot on the bench. He groans slightly and answers the call.
"What?!" He says sharply. I hear the muffled voice on the other end.

It's probably Ethan.

"Yea I know. Look I'll be home when I want" he says before hanging up the phone and putting it into the pocket of his pants.

"Sorry" he says looking at me slightly blushing.

"No it's fine" I say before smiling.
"So tell me. What are you scared of?" I tell him raising my raising my right eyebrow with a slight smirk.

"I'm not scared of anything. I don't want to hurt her" he explains to me.
I nod and purse my lips as cross my legs and fold my hands together in my lap.

"Do you wanna leave? It's getting kinda dark" he says pointing to the car.

"Wait. Let me go down the slide one time" I say holding up one finger.

"You're such a kid" he lightly laughs while I climb the jungle gym and sit at the top of the slide.

I push myself slightly and start sliding down the slide. At the end of the slide Grayson is there waiting for me. I stand up and he grabs my hand. I look down at our hands and them up at him and lick the inside of my cheek.

We walk to his car hand in hand and I hop in the passenger seat.

"Let's jam out before I take you home yea?" He says reaching for the aux cord and plugging it into his phone

"Yea" I said and he starts playing his music.

-skip ride home-

"Thanks for today, I had fun" I say smiling up at Grayson.
"I had fun too. Maybe we can do this again?" He says with a smirk.
"Yessir" I say before kissing him on the cheek and hop out the car.

"I'll text you" he yells out the window before I go inside my house. I wave at him and close the door.

I sigh and walk up the stairs and run into Christian.

"You seem really smiley" he says teasing me

"Shut up dick" I say elbowing him in the side.

I walk into my room and instantly go on Apple Music. On the way home Grayson showed me his favorite song at the moment and I loved listening to it.

I flop on my bed as I let the song Come and see me by PARTYNEXTDOOR play.

——————————-
Word count: 1139
Hope this chapter was good love you guys 😘 it was a bit short.
-l.c.