Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24

I stared at the black coffee, blankly, after remembering what happened 5 years ago. I  was able to summerize everything, God saved my father and my daughter, but I lost my marriage and my husband.

I do not hate God for taking away one of my happiness because I cannot have everything that I want in my life at the same place because something aren't meant to co-exist.

Sometimes, I would feel guilty thinking about him. I left him kasi ayoko nang masaktan dahil makakalimutan lang niya ako. Rivan said there was a possibility that he doesn't have amnesia, which made me also doubt my decision if I really should leave him.

But maybe leaving was for the best. He has Anikka, and I'm sure he's happy with her. And if ever he remembers me and has feelings for me, he should have come for me and find me. Kahit mapunta pa man ako sa Antarctica, kung mahal niya ako, diba hahabulin niya ako?

Now I was sure has forgotton about me. I guess its really for the best, and I feel bitter about it. Because the feelings I have for him waren't hoax. The moments with him were real and geniune.

I'm also quite sure that I had moved on. I'm strong with my standing and my beliefs about myself right now. I recuperated my heart and my soul, and I realized that when loving someone, you should not forget about yourself.

Which was a mistake when I loved him. Because rather than thinking about myself, I continued to drown in my sympathy for a wounded and unloved man and staying with him, which also wounded and mad eme feel unloved. Sh*t was toxic.

Now, he's just a loved memory that I would treasure. A mistake and a lesson that I encountered.

I felt a hand gripping on my shoulder , "Cindy, is there something you want to talk about? Kanina ka pa tulala'ng nakatingin sa kape mo. Do you want me to make you another one?" Gamaliel's smile beamed upon me.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry." I frowned.

"You don't have to apologize love," Umupo siya sa harap ko at humigop rin sa kape niya.

5 years has passed, he's still the same handsome man he is. Nothing has changed, he still looks smart with his round glasses. Tall height and broad shoulders, he also gained a few muscles, and looks quite meaty, which is plus points.

"Hindi ka ba busy ngayong araw, I find it weird knocking on my door early in the morning." Gam asked, "Nope, Thalia asked if she could stay with Mamu. Pinagbigyan ko ang mahal na prinsesa, kaya ayun, I'm alone and I'm missing my baby." I kepr texting Mamu if Thalia is okay, and she would always say that my baby is fine, that I don't have to worry.

"Love," Gamaliel called.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Don't I really have a chance?" I couldn't answer his question.

5 years since I was divorced, 5 years na rin'g nanliligaw si Gamaliel. He's been with me through thick and thin, he stayed with me when I was alone and devestated. He gave life and hope to my darkest moments.

He calls me love, while I call him love too, but I'm just.. not inlove because  my heart couldn't open itself and let Gamaliel in.

I couldn't give him a proper response. "Love... I..."

"Cindy, you know  what, it's fine. My love for you is unconditional, kahit tanggihan mo man ako ng isang libong beses, narito parin ako para sayo... The most important thing is  I don't want to see you hurt, I want you to be happy. I also don't want to force myself onto you because I don't want to lose you."

He muttered,"I just want ti let you know, I love you."

I gave him a reassuring smile, "I love you too," and I could see it in his eyes that he understood what my I love you meant.

I love you as a friend.

Gamaliel has always been a brother to me. He's ny bestfriends and also my family. He's an excellent fatjer figure to Thalia and an excellent acting husband. But I cannot see him as someone who I could devote my heart to.

He's so perfect, Gamaliel has got it all.

He git the looks, the heights, the riches, the brains and all of the good stuff a perfect man could offer.

He calls me love because he loves me, I call him love because we're bestfriends.

But why can't I make myself love him? Even I cannot understand.

Though I can pretend to love him, but I cannot bring myself to make him a rebound. He's too good for me, and I don't deserve him.

I'm sorry Gamaliel.