11

Pidge and Matt were using all of their free time to try and fix Nyma's phone. They worked on weekends, between meals, during study hall, when they were supposed to be sleeping. They didn't care how long it would take, they had to gather as much evidence as they could, for Lance, and the student body's sake.

Right now, it was study hall. The two geniuses worked on the phone in the library

Pidge: Why'd she have to buy a Japanese phone? We could've had this fixed in a week!

Matt: Pidge, show a little respect for the dead.

Pidge: ... What're we gonna do if Keith wasn't the one who texted her?

Matt: ... Well, I'm sure Keith was the one who texted Nyma before she... Y'know. But if it wasn't him, then we can always trace the number.

Pidge: I guess. But, what would we do about Lance? We need to keep him away from Keith. And if Keith did text Nyma, then we could turn him in, and Lance would be safe! And... She rubs her eyes, trying to hide her tears Keith won't hurt him again!

Matt: ... Sis, are you crying?

Pidge: No! That's stupid, I don't cry. A few tears stream down her cheek Maybe a little bit.

Matt: I get it. I'm worried about Lance, too. But we're gonna help him... Okay?

Instead of giving an answer, she hugs Matt, and hides her tear-stained face in his shirt

Pidge: Okay...

Matt: And, who knows? Maybe Lance will break up with Keith on his own... He feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, sees the notification, and frowns Or not.

Pidge: What's wrong?

Matt: The photography club just posted a few pictures on the school website. And look which picture has the caption, 'Cutest Couple'.

Pidge takes a look and grimaces. On the school website is a picture of Lance and Keith, sitting on the bleachers in a gentle embrace. And Lance is actually smiling

Pidge: That's the first time I've seen him smile in weeks.

The bell rings

Matt: We'll work on the phone at lunch. He and Pidge put the phone and tools in a small toolbox and head to their classes

On his way to his next class, Matt, not looking where he was going, bumped into someone. He was about to apologize to the person, but stopped himself when he sees who it is

Matt: Hey, Keith.

Keith: Hey.

Matt: I saw yours and Lance's photo on the school website. Congrats.

Keith: Thanks. He's about to walk away, but Matt stops him with another question

Matt: So, how's Lance?

Keith: What?

Matt: Well, I'm sure you've noticed that he hasn't been himself lately, what with you being his boyfriend, and spending every single second with him.

Keith: He's fine. He's just upset about Plaxum.

Matt: Actually, he's been like this before Plaxum... Passed on. It was around the time when Kuro and Lotor were stabbed in the woods. What happened then?

Keith: They tried to fuck him in a closet, remember?... Any more questions?

Matt: ... No. He walks past Keith and heads to class