13

ARUS DINER- JANUARY 12, SATURDAY

Lance's family was hesitant to let him leave the house after what happened on Thursday, but his parents figured that he'd be okay since he would be with Keith.
Things were going well so far. No threats, no death glares of jealousy, and no inappropriate touching (Mainly because they were in a public restaurant).
They were just sitting in a booth, sharing a milkshake

Keith: Are you sure you're okay? He actually sounded genuine, and not like a psycho You really scared me, I couldn't sleep that night.

Lance: I am. Don't worry about it, Keith. I-I just wasn't thinking.

Keith: Okay, good. Because if you did kill yourself, His hand trails to Lance's arm I'd just snap . He tightens his grip around his arm, irritating the bruises So don't do that again, okay? Lance nods compliantly, and Keith relaxes ... So, who gave you mouth to mouth?

Lance: What?

Keith: Well, someone obviously gave you mouth to mouth, otherwise you wouldn't be here. So, who was it?

Lance: He saw where this was going, and began to panic. He knew Keith would not hesitate to kill one of their friends Why do you need to know?

Keith: They didn't try anything, did they? His voice becomes quieter so no one in the diner will hear him I wanna know who else other than me had their lips all over you. C'mon, tell me. He runs his fingers through Lance's hair and whispers in his ear I haven't had any fun in a while. Maybe you can watch.

Lance: Keith, n-no! He pushes Keith off of him, immediately regretting in when Keith's face morphs to anger Do-don't worry about it!... Please?
Keith, now seeing how scared Lance is, relaxes and nods Thank you.

Keith: Sorry.

Lance: It's okay. Just, don't say stuff like that again. It scares me.

Keith: Okay. He plants a small kiss on Lance's cheek, then continues drinking the milkshake

What Keith had said made Lance have flashbacks of the day after the break. He remembered seeing Plaxum's horribly mutilated body, her skin, pale and dry, her eyes hanging out of her sockets. But, how did he do it? And why so gruesome? Keith would normally just stab people, but he obviously did more than just stab her. It's like he was really angry with her

Lance: ... Keith?... Why did you do... So much to Plaxum?

Keith: What do you mean?

Lance: He lowers his voice so none of the other patrons can hear Well, your previous murders were just... Less messy, but with Plaxum... You did a lot to her. D-did you really have to gauge out her eyes?

Keith: He lowers his voice I didn't want to do so much, but she said something I didn't agree with... Before Lance could ask what she said, Keith answered for him I'm not a bad boyfriend, am I? He put on the most inncocent look he could make

Lance: Uh- No. Of course not.

Keith: Okay, good. His faux concern turned to calmness in a matter of seconds I love you.

Lance: I... Love you... Too... He notices a boy looking at them from a table. He looks concerned, and Lance sees an opportunity Hey, um... Why don't we get a refill on the milkshake?

Keith: Alright. Chocolate-vanilla swirl, right? Lance nods Okay. He grabs the milkshake glass and leaves the table