Four

Everyone was inside a tent because Octavia and Jasper both found Wells's fingers next to a knife. Jasper had tripped and had found them next to each other.

"This knife was made of metal from the dropship." Kara said realizing what this means; the grounders didn't kill Wells, one of them did. They had a killer within the walls, someone who was willing to kill Well's.

"What do you mean?"

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asks Octavia and Jasper.

"No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia told him.

"It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Kara told them as she looked up at the rest of the group.

"So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Octavia says to everyone.

"There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Bellamy says and as Clarke goes to leave Bellamy stops her.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke demands with the knife in hand.

"Bellamy's right Clarke, this isn't news." Kara told her worried about what she's about to do. Kara knew that if everyone knew that someone in the camp killed Wells then they will have a huge problem on the their hands but she also saw where Clarke was coming from as well.

"Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved... the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us."

"Oh, good for you, you mean. What... keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke questioned Bellamy in anger. Kara understood where she was coming from, Clarke was angry, she just lost her best friend and she just found out that someone in the camp killed him and not one of the grounders.

"Yeah. That's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do... just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is."

"Oh, really? J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." Clarke said as she showed Bellamy the part of the knife with the initials before she pushed passed him and out the tent.

"No water till this section is up! What? What are you staring at, huh?" Murphy yelled as everyone continued to work.

"You son of a bitch!" Clarke yells, pushing Murphy back.

"What's your problem?" He asked her.

"Recognize this?" She holds up his knife and the look on his face altered.

"It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He asked as he went to go reach for it but she pulled it out of his reach.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Clarke accused which makes Murphy scoff.

"Where I what? The Grounders killed Wells, not me." Murphy said trying to defend himself.

"I know what you did, and you're gonna pay for it." Clarke said as she continued to accuse him of something he clearly didn't do.

"Really? Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Murphy asked him as Bellamy stayed quiet.

"You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells." Clarke yelled at Murphy clearly pissed.

"Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the Chancellor that locked us up." Murphy defended.

"Yeah, but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him." Clarke stated.

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either." Murphy snapped back.

"Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia said while standing next to Kara as Jasper was surprised by this.

"Come on. This is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you. I don't have to answer to anyone." Murphy says and Bellamy clearly not happy by that.

"Come again?" Bellamy questioned.

"Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this."

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife." Bellamy stated not knowing what to believe at this point.

"Is this the kind of society that we want? You say there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other without... without punishment?" Clarke yells to all the delinquents.

"I already told you. I didn't kill anyone." Murphy snapped again.

"I say we float him." Some delinquent stated.

"Yeah." The rest of the delinquents yelled in agreement.

"That's not what I'm saying." Clarke said, she was now regretting what she has done.

"Why not? He deserves to float. It's justice." The delinquent questions.

"Revenge isn't justice." Clarke stated.

"It's justice. Float him!" They all grab him and they start to drag Murphy.

"No! Get off him! Get off of him! Let him go! You can't do this!" They hold Clarke back, "Get off me. No! No! You can stop this! They'll listen to you!" She tells Bellamy who was holding her back.

"Bellamy! You should do it." They all turned to him.

"Bel-la-my!" All the delinquents start to yell out.

"I saw you in the woods with Atom. I know you're not a killer. Bellamy, don't do this. Don't... Don't. Bellamy. You can't do this, Bellamy. No, Bellamy, no! How could you?!" Clarke was crying trying to convince Bellamy not to do it but he did it anyway.

"This is on you, princess. You should've kept your mouth shut."

"What the hell are you doing? Cut him down! Charlotte, get out of here now! Cut him down! Get out of my way." Finn comes running up to everyone.

"Stop! Okay? Murphy didn't kill Wells! I did!" Charlotte said to everyone and Clarke cuts Murphy down for the tree. Clarke, Bellamy and Finn all take her to the tent to talk. Kara goes to the dropship to work on communications with Monty. She didn't want to watch that anymore, she couldn't take it anymore. The arguing and the accusations was too much for Kara to handle.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Kara asks Monty as she sits next to him.

"No. More like morse code." Monty answers before going back to work. After a while Clarke and the rest of the group had come back and updated Kara and Monty on what happened. Kara still couldn't believe that Charlotte had killed herself like that but some people can't be helped, sometimes people are too far past to be helped but that doesn't mean that Kara wanted her to die. Kara felt like there was so much more that they could have done to help Charlotte, she did kill someone and that is unforgivable but deep down Kara knew that she just needed to get help.

"You want to do the honors?" Monty asked Jasper who smiled and nodded, "That port right there." Monty said showing him where the right place to connect it was but as soon as he did it every wristband fried.

"What the hell?" Kara said as she sighed knowing that it didn't work and that it fried all the wristbands.

"What happened?" Clarke questioned Monty confused.

"It didn't work. I think we fried all the wristbands." Kara answered for Monty, Jasper then slid down the wall putting his head in his hands.

"Sit there at your own risk. I think I might be cursed." Jasper tells Octavia as she sits next to them as they talk and before they know it Octavia kisses him before getting up and leaving the dropship.