Chpt 1: First Day

A/N: This is a Miraculous AU, where LadyBug and ChatNoir don't exist as superheroes, but gamer-tags in an online chat room. Marinette is just starting high school.

~

Her screen lit up, and she instantly reached for it to see the little notification from her pin-pal. It was her first day of high school and Marinette was nervous. She has a reputation of being late so she woke up earlier. She was standing in her closet, towel wrapped around her, while her hair hung damp.

💬Don't worry too much, High school isn't that bad, unless you're a freshie ;) -ChatNoir

Chat is a sophomore this year, he's already had his first year, and likes to tease her about being younger.

💬Thx for the support, Kitty -LadyBug

She replied, intending to be sarcastic. She rolled her eyes and put her phone down. She browsed her closet and decided on an outfit. A pail pink flowing mini-skirt, that she made over the summer, a black and white polka dot t-shirt, and a pair of small heeled black booties. It was simple but cute. She put it on and looked in the mirror. Swaying the skirt and admiring how the colors looked on her porcelain skin. Her phone dinged.

💬Anytime, Bugaboo ;) -ChatNoir

Marinette rolled her eyes, and giggled.  He was definitely her best friend, though they've never met, they talk all the time. Marinette is going to a different high school than all her old friends. And none of them tried to keep up with her over the summer. She tried at the beginning, but wasn't getting anything on their side. She was sad for awhile, but then met Chat.

"Marinette, come down! Your food is going to get cold!" Sabine, her mother, called from the kitchen.

"Coming Moman!" She called back to her. Marinette slung her book bag over her shoulder, put her phone in her purse, and went down stairs.

"Well you're ready early." Her mother commented, "it usually takes you forever to get down here dressed." She giggled.

"Well, I'm reinventing myself. New year, new me, right?" Marinette sat down at the table and started eating her breakfast. Her mom just giggled. "What? I can do it."

"Oh I know, hun." She looked down at her watch, "If you don't leave now, you'll be late." Marinette internally cursed and gathered her things. She kissed her mother on the cheek and ran out the door.

~

The school looked more intimidating when she was standing at the entrance, alone, and had no clue where to go. She reached in the side pocket of her book bag and grabbed a slightly crushed piece of paper. The schedule was confusing. She looked at it for a few minutes when she heard the bell ring. She jumped at the loud noise.

"Hey, girl, you look lost." A girl waved at Marinette. Marinette laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, I wasn't here for orientation." She acted shy.

"Let me see your schedule, good luck for you I was." The girl took the paper out of Marinette's hands and skimmed it. "We have third and fifth together. I know where your first is, it's on my way." She smiled. "I'm Alya."

"I'm Marinette." She smiled. They walked to her first class arriving just in time. "Thank you, but you're going to be late." Marinette frowned.