Chpt 4: Hot Chocolate

The weather was getting colder as October came around. Alya invited the three to hang out at the park. They were all bundled up in jackets. Marinette left her hair down to shield her neck from the wind.
The four walked around the paths. Marinette linked arms will Alya and they were skipping in front of the boys. Giggling. Nino stared at Alya and blushed. Adrien noticed and nudged him in the arm.

"You like her~" Adrien whispered in a sing-song voice.

"No!" Nino hissed, blushing in the process. Adrien let it go knowing if he argued he'd only make Nino mad. He looked ahead at the girls. His eyes rested on the bluenette in front of him. She was smiling and giggling with Alya. Her smile could light up all of Paris. Her laugh was more beautiful than anything he could play on the piano. He smirked then hid his joy so Nino wouldn't be suspicious. The girls spun around.

"How about we all go back to the bakery for hot chocolate. On the house of course." She beamed a warm smile.

"Sounds great, dude." Nino said.

"Sounds fun." Adrien grinned. She tinted pink a second then continued.

"Okay. This way." She walked past them and started towards her family bakery.

"Maman. I hope it's okay. I brought some friends for hot chocolate." She said to her mother.

"Of course come on in." Sabine smiled. It was warm smile. One Adrien wished his father had. They went upstairs. To her house.

"Bonjour Papa. Can you get the hot chocolate from the top of the pantry?" She asked her father. She smiled embarrassed that she could reach the semi-tall shelf. "Thank you." She said grabbing the box from him.

"Have fun kids." Her dad said leaving to go work.

"Do you guys want milk or white chocolate?" She asked.

"Milk." Nino and Alya said at the same time.

"Uh milk as well." Adrien said. She smiled at them and made three milk hot chocolates.

"Do you guys like peppermint? I know it's not really season, but we have some."
Alya nodded reaching for a peppermint stick. Marinette made herself a white hot chocolate. And they all sat down at her kitchen bar. They continued to share jokes and laugh. Alya looked down at her phone.

"Oh sorry guys, I have to get going. I have to babysit my sisters." She frowned.

"Okay Alya. I'll see you Monday." Marinette waved.

"I should probably get going too." Nino said.

"Oh okay." Marinette frowned at her friends leaving. She slumped over in the barstool.

"I-I can stay." Adrien said rubbing his arm nervously. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Yay!" She instantly looked happy again. He was relived. He didn't like to see her sad. It wasn't a good look on her, but maybe because happy was more her color.

"What do you want to do?" Adrien asked.

Marinette thought about it, tapping her chin with her index finger. "Wanna watch a movie?" She asked.

"Sure." He said smiling. She jumped out of her seat and ran up the stairs. She stopped before opening the hatch.

"Coming?" She laughed. She had gotten up so fast he hadn't noticed she left. He smiled and nodded, standing up. She opened the hatch and went into her room.
When Adrien got upstairs she was sitting on the chaise with a blanket, her laptop opened on the starting page of a movie, sitting on the little table in front. It was such a cozy site. She pat the spot next to her. He obliged and sat down next to her. She leaned forward and pushed play on Tangled. He smiled and leaned back watching the animated Disney movie.
They shared the blanket. It was kind of hard seeing as far apart they were sitting on the chaise. Marinette shivered, realizing a window was open. Adrien smiled and scooted closer to her. She didn't move her gaze from off the screen, even though his was fixated on her.

Marinette yawned and leaned over, putting her head on Adrien's shoulder. He tensed then looked at her. His eyes softened at the sleepy girl. He rested his head on hers and smiled. Her breathing started to even out and he realized she was asleep. He closed his eyes and quickly fell into a sleep.

A/N: This is a shorter chapter, but it was really cute in my opinion. I love the Adrienette moment. Thanks for reading this chapter. Chapter 5 will out soon.

Bye loves
SM