Chpt 7: The Park

It being so late, Paris was quiet. Most Parisians we home asleep, the Halloween crowd had died down. They sat next to each other on a park bench. Marinette was sat up with her hands in her lap, while Adrien seemed comfortably laid back, he was sprawled out with his arm relaxed on the back of the bench.

"Are you okay, Mari?" The blonde asked. Marinette snapped out of her daze.

"Hm? Oh yes, I'm fine." She said. "Just thinking." She let out a nervous chuckle.

"About what?" He asked curiously. She blushed. She was thinking about him, and the night, but she wasn't going to tell him that.

"Uh, just tonight. The party."

"Yeah, it was kinda...yeah..." he trailed. It was honestly awkward.

"Yeah.." she trailed.

"So, Marinette. I honestly don't know that much about you. Tell me something." He said. She tinted pink.

"Oh, what do you want to know?"

"Anything, and everything." He winked. She looked away from him so he wouldn't see her blush.

"Um..I have a job, at the bakery. I want to be fashion designer, it's been my dream since I was little girl." He listened to her talk about her dream, mesmerizing. "Oh, and I moved here from Bordeaux." She finished. "Um?"

"Hm?"

"Can you tell me about you?" It was his turn to blush.

"I'm an only child. I model for my father." She put her hand up stopping him.

"Well I knew that one. What about something less known. Something about you." She asked.

"Right." He blushed again, "My favorite food is croissants. My favorite animal is a cat. And...hm" he put his fingers to his chin, to think. "My new favorite color is blue." He looked at her, looking into her bluebell eyes and blushed. She blushed too.

"I'll have to bring you some croissants, we make the best." She winked. Let me repeat that MARINETTE WINKED AT ADRIEN. He tinged and sat up. He wanted to come back with something witty or flirty, but knew that was for his online self. He sigh content with the silence, and then looking into each other's eyes.

It was getting closer to 11:00, so they decided it was time to get home. Adrien being a gentleman, walked Marinette home. They got to her door and stopped. She hesitated to open it, truth was she didn't want to leave. It felt like once the clock struck 12 this would have all been a dream. She turned around to him.

"Goodnight Adrien, I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled. He grinned back, then pulled her into a hug. He held her, one hand on the back of her head, one around her waist. The hug lasted longer than normal. Marinette pried herself from him, with a lot of resentment.

"Goodnight." He said. The two blushed. She walked into her house, leaving Adrien. He sighed. I don't know how to feel. Can you love two people at once? He sighed again and walked home.

A/N: I'm sorry for another short chapter, but I intend the next chapter to be longer. Also I've written a lot on about their civilian lives, I will do more with their online relationship next chapter. So...I may end this story soon, and start on another. I hope you are enjoying this story. Please let me know if suggestions, comments, whether you like it or not. I appreciate all feedback.
-SM

💕💕💕💕💕