Chpt 6: Costume Party

Halloween is next week. Chloè is throwing a big costume party. Just about everyone is invited. Almost everyone. Chloè has this grudge against Marinette for some unknown reason. She blatantly skipped Marinette when handing out invitations. She went over her desk and gave one to Adrien. He flashed his fake smile and waited for her to turn away. She didn't.
"Hey Adriekins~!!" She squealed. "I was wondering if there was anything you wanted to ask me, as far as the party?" She batted her eyelashes. Adrien's eyes had moved on from Chloè and are now on the back of Marinette's head.

"Uh yeah." He watch Marinette tense as he said that. "Why wasn't Marinette invited?" He said returning his eyes to her at his last word.

"Excuse me?" She boomed. "You want that trash at my party?" Marinette slouched in her chair. Adrien was trying as hard as he could not to completely loose his temper right then and there.

"I think you better sit down." He said through clenched teeth. She scoffed and stomped off like a child. Adrien got out of his seat and went to Marinette's. "I'm sorry about her." He said.

"It's fine. I'm used to Chloè." She sighed.

"You shouldn't be. That's not okay." He said getting a little mad. Marinette finally looked at him. She placed her hand on his arm, he felt better.

"Really. It's okay. Thank you....for worrying about me." She blushed. She still hadn't moved her hand. He was okay with it though. Having her there was warm, comfortable.

"Just let me know...I don't want you to have to deal with Chloè." His eyebrows narrowed. She nodded and smiled. That beautiful smile. He blushed pink. He started back to his seat, when a thought dawned on him. "Hey, Marinette?"

"Hm?" She asked turning her head.

"Would you like come to the party with me?"

"Like a—" she turned a shade of red and brought her hand up to her ear.

"Uh. Not if it makes you uncomfortable..." he trailed.

"No...i-it doesn't." She looked down. Adrien smiled.

"Aw."

"W-what?" She asked confused.

"Just you...uh. Your shyness, it's cute." He winked. She blushed again. She nodded.

"I'll g-go." She said. He smiled again. He handed her the invitation after taking a picture of it.

"It's a date." He said with a wink and returned to his seat. She was blushing mad at this point.

~

Marinette's costume fit perfectly. She decided on a Black Cat. She wore a black leather jumpsuit, leather boots, had a belt like tail on her waist, and a little bell around her neck. Her hair was in a long braided ponytail.

Adrien was on his way to pick Marinette up from her house. He picked up his phone.

💬I'm on my way :) -Adrien

Marinette saw her phone flash.

💬Okay :) -Marinette

Marinette walked out of her bakery. Adrien pulled up in a shiny limo and stepped out. Marinette blushed. He was wearing a blue jacket with gold detailing. A prince costume. It was honestly hot. She blushed.

"H-hi." She said nervously. He turned and looked at her. His eyes widened and his face reddened.

"H-hey." He brought his hand up to his neck. "Are y-you ready to go?"

"Yeah." She smiled and got into the car. The drive was silent. A little awkward. The two teens kept finding theirselves looking at each other. Both blushing every time their eyes met.

They arrived to Chloè's hotel. Everyone was dressed in a mix of elegant and ridiculous costumes. The lobby was decorated like a ballroom. People were dancing and talking. Adrien came around and opened the door for Marinette.

"Thank you." She said. He smiled.

"You're welcome." He motioned forward, "shall we?" She giggled and nodded.

"ADRIEKINS!!!" There was a look of horror on Adrien's face. "Dance with me." The blonde demanded pushing Marinette away from Adrien. She grabbed his hand and forced him on the dance floor. Marinette sighed and left to find her friend.

Alya was standing next to Nino at the refreshments table. As Marinette walked closer she noticed they were together. They held each other's hands. Marinette giggled.

"Hey you two~" Marinette greeted in a sing-song voice. The couple bushed, dropping each other's hand. "No. No it's okay. You two are cute." She waved her hands around.

"Heh, thanks Marinette." Alya said. Both still blushing. "Where's Prince Charming?"

"Chloè took him." She said with a little too much jealousy in her voice.

"It's okay girl." Alya said patting Marinette on the shoulder. Alya was dressed as a fox, it was cute, but a little sexy. Nino was dressed as some comic book villain. The Bubbler she thought. Marinette watched Adrien on the dance floor. Of course Chloè was dressed as a queen. So it looked right. They just fit. She sighed.

She spent most of the night sitting at a table slouched. She wasn't having any fun at all. She knows she's not applying but she didn't want to. Marinette was too upset.

Adrien noticed and pried himself from Chloè's clutches. Jogging over to Marinette.

"Hey Marinette. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." She lied giving him a thumbs up. He didn't believe her.

"Come on. You can tell me." He pressed.

"I-I'm just not having that much fun." She admitted shyly. He sat down next to her.

"I'm sorry about Chloè." He said, "She won't leave me alone." He let out a sigh, "Wanna get out of here?" He asked.

"What?"

"We can go walk around the park or something. I'm not having any fun either." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"S-sure." She cursed to herself for stuttering. He put his hand out for her. She hesitantly grabbed it and stood up. They started walking towards the door. Catching the eye of Chloè.

"Where do you think you're taking my Adriekins?" Chloè shouted. Marinette sputtered.

"I-I uh. I mean..no it's just.."

"Chloè I'm taking her somewhere. Where we can have fun, by ourselves." Adrien interrupted. Chloè was in shock. She stomped away again uttering an 'utterly ridiculous'.

"Thank you." Marinette said just above a whisper. Adrien just smiled at her and started leading to the park. They walked side-by-side. Shoulders touching every so often. It was quiet again. But this time didn't seem as awkward as the car. It was nice. The sky was dark. Little stars twinkled. Marinette looked up at them, taking in their beauty. While Adrien looked over at her, taking in her beauty. His head was spinning. He swore he liked Ladybug. Why was he mesmerized but Marinette. He looked at her bluebell eyes, seeing the stars reflection in them. He grinned, then took her hand in his, intertwining their fingers. She looked up at him. They walked like that to the park.

A/N: I AM SOOOOOO SORRY. This chapter took so long to write. I've been having a bit of a writers block lately. Thank you for reading this chapter. I will get chapter 7 out soon (I hope)
-SM

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕