Part three: The eyes

Setting: You, Gadget, and Bliss are walking through the Jungle zone (the area in sonic forces where sonic fought infinite on the giant snake with the water slides and trees)

Your POV

"We're almost there!" Bliss says happily.  She's swinging from tree to tree while me and gadget we're running along the floor.  "Soooooooo" you say to Gadget. He turns to look at you "yes?" You grin at him. "When are you gonna tell Bliss you like her?".  Gadget blushes and looks up at bliss, she's having fun swinging from branch to branch, occasionally glancing down to make sure she's not going too fast.  Bliss makes eye contact with Gadget and smiles at him. Gadget gives a nervous smile back and looks away blushing. "I.....I -don't know ___, she's just so .......amazing and cool and what am I?". You look at him, "Well, she may be cool and tough, but it never hurts to ask" you say reassuringly. Gadget looks at Bliss then at you. "You think so?" He says unsure "I know so" you say confidently.

~you are having a conversation with Gadget about Infinite~

"Wait so he just flew away?" Gadget says shocked. You nod "his last words were: N-no wait I can still fight! Then, he flew away" You say to Gadget. "D-do you think he could come back?" Gadget says worried. You think to yourself, when sonic gave his speech to infinite, you kinda just stood behind him. Infinite didn't seem to care.......now that you think about it, he was smirking, like he had a plan and that sonic was going to pay. "Well he's not dead, but I doubt he'll come back" you say to gadget.

~another time skip~

"Guys look, it's the water slides!' bliss says happily. All of you come to stop and look ahead. You see the hollowed out vines, trees, and leaves. Filled with stream water heading to the ground beneath you. Bliss comes down to you and Gadget and retracts her tentacles . There's three different paths so you all decide to take a different one. You look at Gadget and Bliss "wanna race?".  You ask they both nod and you all jump down your slides at the same time.

~at the bottom~

You come off the slide and see that you have arrived first.  You smile to yourself and wait for gadget and bliss. A few minutes later you see gadget come up off the slide. He makes a little bit of a rough landing and you go to help him up "you okay" you ask him. "Yeah, I'm fine, just went a little too fast" he says with a nervous smile. A few more minutes and you hear bliss from one of the higher slides. "Bliss! you're a little higher up! Be careful" you yell at bliss.  When she reaches the end of her slide, gadget walks near her slide to help her get up when she jumps down. When bliss goes to jump she slips and falls. You let out a gasp a rush over to where they are, only to find that gadget caught her! (Bridal style)

Your POV

You gasp as you rush over to where bliss fell "Bliss! Are you okay?" you yell. Gadget turns around to face you, showing that he caught bliss but she's injured "bliss, what happened!" you say as you examine her leg. "I was sliding down and when I turned the last corner, something red flew past me and sliced my leg" You think to yourself something red..... flew past her.... Your ears flop down as you look at bliss "did you see anything else?" you ask her. She thinks to herself "yea the faint outline of a body...but it was really glitchy". The sudden realization comes to both of their faces "y-you dont think-" "it-it can't be". They both turn to look at you, internally you want to tell them that he hasn't and this is all a coincidence. You take a deep breath  "he's back" you say. Suddenly these squares start appearing, surrounding you bliss and gadget. You start to hear a laugh, it starts out quiet but then get progressively louder it stops you all look up to see infinite floating with his arms out. He opens his eyes and says "Miss me?" before he points at us and millions of squares start to fly towards us "T-this is the part w-where we start running.....isn't it" you say worried. Bliss and gadget nod as gadget holds bliss tighter and you all start running to the resistance base.