Prologue

Stumbling backward, my back slammed into the nearby wall and I was able to brace myself as the brunette with legs for days wrapped them around me and I hoisted her up. While I hadn't foreseen the night going that way, I ran with it.

"It's intense, isn't it?" The woman asked me as she dug her hand into my shoulder length black hair, tugging my head back to look intently into my green eyes.

She wasn't fucking kidding.

As much as I hated being in that motel and being forced to follow my brothers around like a lost puppy, having the leggy brunette as a consolation prize wasn't too bad.

"Was that your first?" She asked me, her legs still wrapped around me as I cradled her ass in my hands effortlessly.

I nodded because it was kind of embarrassing. It was like being a virgin all over again. I was eighteen for fucks sake.

"Well then, it was extra intense for you." The brunette laughed as she climbed off of me and led me further into her motel room—still with that seductive grin on her pretty face.

She wasn't wrong. I'd never experienced anything like that night in all eighteen years of my life. Granted, I had a general idea what I was in for but, what I actually saw before my eyes was nothing like the stories I was told.

I couldn't ignore that my body was on fire. Still getting used to the way my enhancements worked, the sensation ravaging me then was nothing like those adjustment pains. It was so intoxicating that I was having a hard time keeping my hands off of the brunette. The sensations boiling up inside of me clouded my thoughts and my vision blurred in and out of focus.

"Your name?" I asked her finally.

When my brothers and I had returned to the motel after our job earlier this evening, we ran into the brunette and a few of her friends on their way out and my brothers seemed to know them. New to the bunch, the brunette had her eyes set on me and I could tell that unlike my older brothers, she was younger—maybe twenty at the most. Still, she was clearly more mature for her age having done what I did that night, a dozen times over. The brunette and her friends were also reapers.

What the fuck is my life now?

"Jenny." She said as she pulled me by the string of my hoodie and dragged me towards the bed. "But, don't call me that. Call me Jen."

I made a mental note—Jen not Jenny.

"I'm Noah." I said as I peeled off the hoodie and t-shirt underneath.

"Well Noah, welcome to the fold." She teased as she took off her own jacket and the black lace bra underneath.

She was going to be the death of me.

"You'll get used to it." She added as she planted her palms on my chiseled chest and pushed me to the bed. Climbing on top of me, she looked down with narrowed eyes, "It might take some time but what you're feeling, eventually, it won't be so overwhelming.'

I hoped that she was right because if I felt like that every time I did a job, I didn't know how I would contain myself at all. Since I was forced into that life, there was no escaping it.

"How do you do it?" I asked her as she straddled me and paused, thinking about my question genuinely.

"Well," she said as she rested atop me and sat there casually as if she wasn't naked from the waist up, "I made a choice when I was sixteen and it led me here. I chose this. Knowing that even this is better than the life I had before, is good enough for me."

But, that was her story. For me, I didn't get that choice. I wasn't allowed to weigh the pros and cons of the decision before signing my name in blood. That choice was stolen from me by my own father.

I couldn't help but resent that and my family as a result.

"Your eyes are so heavy right now." Jen said, still on me topless. "You must be really struggling with something if you just reaped your first soul and you're not ravaging my body right now."

It was true that I had a lot on my mind. I was in the middle of moving out of my childhood home and out to Boston without my families knowledge or consent. They wouldn't be happy and I wasn't sure how my new job would like me relocating but, I honestly didn't care.

Everything weighing on my mind was enough to distract me from he beautiful woman that clearly wanted me. I had to shake it off because if one thing could clear my mind—even for just a night—it was indulging in those carnal pleasures.

Flipping Jen over in one swoop, she cackled with delighted as I wedged myself between her legs and let my weight bear down on her. I let my hair fall into my face as I buried my face into her neck and her laughs turned to moans.

I was empty and I could admit that. Feeling betrayed by my own family, what was I supposed to do? I had no say in anything and I felt completely alone even though I filled my time with women like Jen.

Would one day come where I didn't feel that deep, desperately emptiness inside of me? Could my life be destined for something more? I had to believe that, right? Because as fulfilled as I may feel plundering the flesh of women I would never come to know, I only found myself twice as empty once I was alone again.