Chapter 29 - Lena

The sunlight of late afternoon danced across my face as I attempted to swat it away. Rolling over and reaching for a nearby pillow to cover my face with, I realized the empty space beside me.

Noah was gone.

Struggling to think back, I barely remembered Noah saying goodbye and leaving. I was practically in a daze when he left. Even after the hours that passed, I still felt him all over my skin.

I shook Noah from my mind as I got out of bed and rushed into the bathroom for a shower. Inside, I let the scalding water tease my skin for at least a half hour.

I was sore but in the best way.

I smiled.

Noah.

It was then, under the falling water of my shower, that I began to recall everything.

Noah was a reaper.

Holy shit.

Although only hours had passed since Noah told me his secret, I found it hard to recall the details. Everything that happened before somehow seemed like a disconnected dream. What was real and what had I dreamt?

Climbing out of the tub, I wrapped a towel around myself and decided to let my long, curly hair air dry. Heading out into the living room, I was startled by a the knock at my door.

I froze.

With everything that Noah had told me, I was definitely on high alert.

Tiptoeing to the door, I peeked through the peephole and saw Dorian standing there with a brown paper bag in his hand.

What the fuck?

Not in the mood for Dorian and not having any clothes on, I peered my head around and hid my towel clad body behind the door.

"Dorian?" I said as he looked at my barely visible head through the entry way.

"What are you doing?" He laughed at me as he tired to peek his head through.

"Nothing!" I jerked the door backward. "What can I do for you?"

Looking at me with amusement, Dorian held up the bag in his hand, "I brought your favorite."

Tempted by what I assumed was a bag of chocolate cannolis from Edgewater.

Damn it, those were amazing cannolis.

"Drop the bag and go." I sighed when Dorian could see the contemplation on my face.

"I wanted to talk." He added but, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"I'm a little busy." I told him.

"I can see that." He teased me. "Are you naked?"

Defiantly, and without thinking, I pulled the door back to show him the small white towel I had wrapped around my curvaceous body.

His eyes grew wide and I put the door back between me and him.

"I'm not naked." I said with attitude.

"Clearly..." he gawked at me.

"Give me a few minutes and the cannolis are yours." He offered from the porch.

I debated for a minute and in the end, I was so hungry that the cannolis won.

"Stay there!" I warned him. "I'll be right back."

Dorian smirked at me but stepped back and raised his hands in defeat.

Closing the door and locking it, I rushed back into my bedroom to put some clothes on. Still damp, I let my heavy curls hang wet at my back as I pulled on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. Looking myself over in the mirror before retrieving Dorian—and my cannolis—I realized that I definitely needed a bra.