Unexpected Partners

It was a normal day at UA or as normal as it got at a high school to learn to be a hero. Everyone was in class as the second round of work studies were over. Izuku Midoria was in his head, as usual, taking notes on Aiawa's history lesson about the rise of heroes in society. Momo Yaoyorozu was in the back of the class quietly paying attention to the lesson and trying not to lose focus so she could remember everything Important.

One thing managed to grab both their attention Mr. Aizawa had finished his lecture with "Now you will be having a project due in three weeks on the heroes of the silver age, you must do it on your own time as homework" he then flashed his Cheshire grin "And you will be assigned partners randomly".

This caught Izuku's attention the most he wasn't the most socially gifted and being assigned a partner at random meant he may have to step outside his comfort zone. Mr. Aizawa then turned on the projector and pressed a button and at random two students, names appeared "Bakugo, Kirishima you are in a group" lackadaisically he went through everyone when he called "Iida and Uraraka" Izuku cringed when he heard this because that took all his first choices as Todoroki was also assigned a team member earlier. Then Aizawas voice rang "Midoria and Yaoyorozu".

Izuku took a sigh of relief they weren't by any means close but they had worked well together before when they rescued Kacchan at Kamino. Momo did the same because she knew Izuku was a hardworking student and would contribute to the project unlike the remaining two of Kaminari and Mineta who would also act like pervs constantly. "That leaves Kaminari and Mineta alright now that that's over more information is on the handout Iida will be passing out class dismissed."

After Iida handed out all the papers the class began packing up and heading off toward the dorms as per usual Izuku was one of the last because of his diligent notetaking. As he finished and was about to take off to catch up with Iida and Uraraka he heard a voice call from behind him. "Hey Midoria wait up" he turned to see Momo catching up to him from the back of the class.

"O-oh h-hey Yaoyorozu sorry I didn't know you were waiting for me" Izuku nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "Oh it's no problem I just wanted to talk to you about the project on the way to the dorms," Momo told catching up to him.

"Y-yeah, of course, let's go" Izuku replied continuing to walk back towards the direction of the dorm, "So I think a good place for us to start working is my room on Wednesday and Friday so that there are no distractions and we won't have too much other homework, would that work for you?" she asked with her finger on her chin as she was walking. "T-that works for me I'm excited to be working with you" Izuku answered while they reached the door and he opened it for her "Thanks Midoria I'm excited to work with you too," she said with a warm smile, walking into the dorm.

*+*

Momo was in her dorm room finishing her homework when she received a text from Mina: Hey Yaomomo get down here asap we're doing each other's nails. She quickly typed out Be there in a minute, she just left her hair down and went to take the stairs down a level to Mina's room and on the way down she ran into Izuku who looked very much in his head. "Hello, Midoria."

"Oh hey Yaoyorozu your hair looks pretty like that" Izuku stopped turning as red as a tomato "D-d-did I j-just say that o-out loud, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean anything by that," he almost shouted 'Oh god I just made a fool out of myself' he thought to himself when Momo ears turned red and then began to giggle at Izuku "Its okay Midoria you gave me a compliment it's no big deal, why are you going to the fifth floor anyway?" she asked him "Oh I was just going to see Todoroki he has a Tv so he lets me hang out up there and watch the news and take notes," Izuku said going back to normal. "Oh ok well have fun" Momo replied waving bye to him and smiling as she left downstairs for Mina's. As soon as she turned the corner Izuku smacked his head "Idiot".

Momo made it to Mina's room and politely knocked waiting for someone to answer the door when suddenly the door swung open and Mina pulled Momo in while shutting the door behind her. "Heyyyy" Mina had said and several other greetings rang out from the group of girls. "Hey everyone" she had said going to an unoccupied place of floor and sitting down. "So now that everyone is here let's get started" Mina's excitable voice rang over the room. They each began to pick out colors Momo picked out a Crimson Red for herself she then made her way across from Jiro and began painting Jiro's nails the almost Black shade of Purple. "Sooo let's talk about boys" Hagakures bubbly voice rang out clearly bored as no one could paint her nails since no one could see hers.

Momo remained quiet as the others gossiped about their crushes or lack thereof. When out of the blue she thought back to her interaction with Izuku on the stairs 'Your hair looks pretty like that'. Her face only got the lightest bit heated yet Mina like a shark smelling blood in the water got a grin on her face and asked "Whatcha thinking about Yaomomo". This, in turn, made her small blush more visible to everyone else because she had been caught. "Oh, its nothing really", she nonchalantly said willing her face to stop being red to the best of her ability. "Oh come on Yaoomo you can't fool us like that who were you thinking about", she continued to pester. Momo knew she couldn't talk her way out of this one so she just sighed and told the truth "It's just on the way here Midoria complimented my hair and the funny thing is he didn't even realize he did it" she giggled at the end eliciting all kinds of looks to be shot at her for a second she thought she could see hurt on Uraraka's face but it quickly changed to mimic everyone else's. Uraraka had claimed to have been over Midoria about a month ago and so far she hadn't brought him up other than as a friend. To try and recover Momo quickly went "But it's not like I have a crush on him or anything I just thought it was sweet".

The girls had believed her as she was telling the truth. She and Izuku were friends nothing more they had barely interacted, but from the few times she had, she knew he would be a formidable hero with his excellent strategy and his unusual yet powerful quirk. The girls continued to gossip, laugh, and tease one another until it was curfew and they all went to their rooms. Momo had changed into her pajamas which was really just a large t-shirt she had accidentally ordered the wrong size online and crawled into her large bed drifting off to sleep her long hair Izuku had complimented in a pool around her.