Death of The Jedi

For years, Master Luke would send Ben and I on special assignments. For some reason, he really only trusted us with these tasks. The other younglings were never allowed to do what we did. I liked the idea of tracking down ancient Jedi artifacts and learning about the past. I didn't think Ben enjoyed the missions as much as I. Ben and I were outside with a few other padawans. Each of us talking amongst themselves. I sat next to my cousin and a girl named Leanna. We had been training all day with Master Luke. I turned away from Leanna to see Ben avoiding those around him. He kept his head down, examining the hilt of his saber. I frowned with worry while my cousin closed his eyes. He looked like he was fighting his thoughts.

"What's wrong with you, mister perfect." A boy scuffed with mockery.

"Leave him alone, Tai." I hissed glaring up at the Twi'lek boy who stood besides two others looking down with a smirk. Hennix and Cardo stood behind. Ben looked down at his feet, still ignoring the bullies.

"Just because you're a Skywalker doesn't make you better then us." Tai snarled.

"I don't remember ever saying that." I scoffed with sass, standing up.

"You don't need to, Master thinks you're better than us." Hennix, a Quarren boy glared.

"Don't blame Ben for your lack of skill." I smirked taking a step to them. Ben quickly stood up from his seat and walked away. I spun around to see him heading in the direction of his quarters.

"Ben!" I Hollered out, chasing down my cousin. I could hear the three boys laughing from behind me. But I didn't care, I was worried about Ben. When I caught up to him I grabbed his arm, halting him. For our two year age difference, Ben had always been bigger than me.

"Do you wanna go talk to Luke?" I suggested with a frown seeing him upset.

"No, I don't wanna talk to Luke. He never listens!" Ben growled in anger.

"Do you wanna talk to me?" I asked

"You wouldn't understand." Ben mumbled looking down to his hand.

"Try me." I smirked, fully prepared for anything. He grabbed my hand quite roughly, and we walked to his quarters in silence. When we arrived I sat on his bed while he paced.

"I'm scared." He sighed facing me.

"Of what?" I responded with concern.

"I-I've been hearing voices." He vaguely answered looking away from me.

"What are they saying?" I asked.

"That I don't belong here. That I need to kill Luke. And the Jedi are weak! I hate it here!" He cried out.

"Of course you belong here, and Luke will always have your best interest. He's your uncle." I smiled softly. I stood up and prepared to calm him down. Only for him to yell out.

"I never even wanted to be here! I wanted to be with my dad!" He cried out. He sat on the bed and held his head in his hands. I sat back down and wrapped my arms around my cousin while he cried.

"I didn't wanna be here either." I frowned remembering my days with Ahsoka and Rex. And how I hadn't seen them sense.

"You're the only good thing about this place. You understand me." Ben sobbed.

"So are you." I replied honestly. Ben and I had grown extremely close over the years. He was like my brother. Ben was my best friend and I hated to see him upset. After Ben calmed down, I left so he could sleep. I wanted to find Luke. I wanted to figure out if these voices could actually mean something. The last thing I would want was for Ben to be a danger to others or himself.