Jakku

I felt myself laying on top of something soft. But it still didn't soften the fall enough for me not to feel pain. I groaned sitting up. I looked around to see nothing but sand for miles.

"D-do you mind getting off of me." A voice grumbled from beneath me. I looked below me where the pilot, Poe laid. I gasped, quickly rolling off of him to examine his body. I was fine for the most part, but still my head was hurting.

"Where's Finn?" He asked sitting up. I looked around to see no stormtrooper or even a ship.

"I-I don't know." I moaned looking around.

"We gotta find my droid." Poe stated as I stood up. I offered my hand and assisted him up.

"Where do you think he could be?" I asked looking to the pilot. Who now that I got a better look at him, he was actually quite attractive under all of those bruises and cuts.

"I don't know he could be anywhere." Poe groaned rubbing his forehead.

"Okay, well we should go that way." I pointed in the north.

"Why?" He asked.

"I just have a feeling." I shrugged sensing it. The two of us began to walk in the direction I pointed to.

"So what do you know about Luke Skywalker?" Poe asked in curiosity.

"He's one of the greatest warriors I know." I smiled looking up to Poe, who happened to be walking extremely close to me.

"How do you know him?" He asked.

"He's my cousin." I shrugged. Poe stopped in his tracks and stared at me.

"You're a Skywalker." He laughed as if this was some amazing coincidence. I nodded my head, not caring as much.

"How?" He asked, intrigued with my family.

"My mother was Aisley Skywalker and my father was Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Ben Kenobi." I shrugged.

"So you're related to General Organa?" He questioned. I nodded my head, tired of the conversation.

"'And that's why Kylo Ren held you captive." Poe gasped putting the pieces together, almost all of them.

"There they are, blast them!" A voice shouted from behind us. It was five stormtroopers.

"Duck!" I barked, shoving Poe out of the way and retrieving my purple lightsaber. I deflected the blasts. I charged in their direction swinging my saber blocking their blasts while running. I jumped on the first trooper and stabbed him through the chest before doing a flip over his head and throwing him at another trooper. They fell to the ground while the three still shot at me. I did a front aerial flip and decapitated one of the troops before spinning around and kicking the other. He fell to the ground, unconscious. A blast behind me caused me to jump in fear. I spun around in the direction of a trooper holding a blaster to me, but had a hole through his chest. He fell to the ground to reveal Poe behind him.

"I could have handled him." I scoffed.

"Oh, I could see." He threw his hands up in defense with a smirk.

"Come on, if they sent a squadron after us. That means there has to be one after your droid." I acknowledged. And suddenly his flirtatious, playful attitude evaporated.

"Yeah, we need to find him." Poe agreed. The desert was hot, and it didn't help that I still wore my robes from the academy. Just as I expected we approached a small village Come into sight. It was made out of wreckage from the previous war. The war my parents died in. The people kept their heads down as we walked through. I sensed fear and isolation.

"What's wrong with them?" Poe laughed looking around. I saw a large line of people outside a post. I approached the line and cut. A Crolute stood behind a wired window. He was dirty and smelt of sweat and dirt. He was a junk boss, due to the line of scavengers with metal objects.

"How can I help you?" He grumbled out, trying to intimidate me.

"We need to know if you've seen a BB unit?" Poe asked with fear behind his voice.

"What's it to ya?" He asked with a husky laugh.

"That's none of your concern." I glared. The Crolute leaned forward and looked me up and down. His eyes stopped on my waist, where my weapons sat. Attached to my belt.

"I'll tell you if I can have that." He pointed to my weapon.

"No deal." I glared crossing my arms over my chest.

"Guess you won't find the droid." The man smirked, trying to get under my skin. I looked to Poe, who was begging me with his eyes. Little did he know this was my mother's and fathers weapons. I wasn't planning on separating with it quite yet, especially when I just found my fathers.

"Fine." I glared removing the purple saber from my belt. I slammed it on the window and watched. While his filthy hands picked up my weapon. He spun it around, making sure it was real. I was pretty sure he didn't know what it was. Besides the fact that it was nice.

"Now, tell us where my droid is." Poe ordered banging his hand on the wooden sill.

"He was taken on a ship by a man and a girl." He shrugged, still looking over my weapon.

"What did they look like?" I asked.

"It was a dark skinned man he wore black and had a brown jacket on. The girl was just some lowlife scavenger." He answered, not caring.

"It's Finn, it has to be." Poe announced with a smile looking to me.

"Do you happen to have any communication device that would reach out to the D'Qar system?" Poe asked with urgency.

"It'll cost ya." The Crolute man smirked.

"What do you want?" I sighed, growing tired of his scheming.

"I want his blaster." He nodded towards Poe. The pilot didn't hesitate in dropping the gun in front of him.

"It's in the back." The filthy Crolute announced turning around from the window and letting us in. We walked inside his small shed like base. It smelt worse on the inside. He directed Poe and I towards an old com. Poe placed his codes in and began speaking with someone. I was too focused on my lightsaber that still sat in the mans grasp.

"How do you work this thing?" The Crolute grumbled slamming it on the counter. I cringed, hoping there was no damage. Once Poe was finished be hung up and looked to me with a nod.

"Thank you so much." Poe awkwardly laughed, stepping towards the door. The Crolute grumbled and spun around, back towards his booth. I looked to Poe as I raised my hand and concentrated on our weapons. The blaster and lightsaber floated in my grasp. The same time the Crolute spun around and saw I had stolen my stuff back.

"Hey!" He shouted attempting to grab me. I threw my hand out forcing him back to the ground. Poe grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the shed towards a lot of open ships. I looked back and saw men running at us with their blasters. I held up my purple saber and blocked their blasts. Poe dragged me on a old ship and sat me down in the passengers seat.

"Are you sure you can fly this?" I asked with panic looking at the broken ship.

"Like I said, I can fly anything, Sweetie." He winked. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window as the men got closer.

"At least I think." I heard Poe mumble.

"Wha-" I began but was cut by the ship taking off and lifting up into the sky, and out of the Jakku atmosphere. I held up my new lightsaber, examining the hilt. I knew exactly who it belonged to, my father. But how had Kylo Ren retrieved it. It felt familiar to hold in my hand as I balanced it. I smiled to myself before bringing it to my chest and taking a deep breath. It was like my father was here with me.