idea 4

title i chose:

fallen

hook:

when angels fall from heaven, their grace becomes human. to get it back, they must kill what they once protected.

prologue i wrote:

when angels are cast out from heaven, they are stripped of their grace and powers, left with nothing more than black wings. on earth, the grace is turned into a human, filled with fake memories and a fake back story that they believe is real. this human is the epitome of purity and innocence, their soul forever marked with the logo of an angel.

the grace that this human is made of acts as a beacon to all angels in heaven, and the fallen angel on earth. if the fallen angel desires to return to heaven and repent, they must find the human hosting their grace before their clock runs out. angels will descend from heaven to try and stop their fallen sibling from contacting with the human, as catastrophic events must take place if they touch.

the curse of fallen angels is that they are doomed to fall in love with the host of their grace, and must reveal their back story as to why they had fallen. at revealing this, they must also reveal that the human's entire memory and life was formed for that exact moment. the only way to get their grace back after revealing themselves is to kill the host and take back what is rightfully theirs. the host must give permission to be killed. if they do not, they will die anyway when the fallen angel's clock runs out.

for the clock to run out, the angel's wings must lose its last feather. if this happens, the fallen angel's wing frame will be ripped out of its back by the archangel michael, leaving the angel with a massive v-shaped scar as a mark of what they once were. when the scar heals, the angel will decend into hell and become a demon.

-

X's last memory was of a deep voice booming across heaven.

"YOU'VE BETRAYED ME — YOU SHALL CRAWL ON YOUR STOMACH FOR ALL OF ETERNITY."

Then, he was falling through the clouds, his wings open behind him, losing color as he approached a green and blue planet he knew so well as Earth. He had walked Earth for centuries, roaming the streets — invisible — during the Middle Ages to now. He returned to heaven only as the humans he guarded died, or sent up prayers.

His last human was where he had messed up. X had abandoned the person he was supposed to be guarding for a week, and in that week, they had murdered two people, then committed suicide. X immediately knew what was awaiting him back in heaven when he returned to see his human's actions. As X flew back up to heaven, a single feather fell from his wings, landing on the graves of the two victims, sprouting a bush of Easter lilies.

As X reached the last layer of atmosphere in the Earth, the white purity of his wings completely disappeared, shooting to the left. He knew this meant his grace was gone, and that a new human was formed. The wings on his back were now black, and his timer on Earth started. He had 2 months.

The ground wasn't as soft as X remembered. The grass did nothing to cushion his fall, his wings doing all the work. The wind was knocked out of him, forcing him to stay on the ground. When he stood after ten minutes, his wings folded up into his back, giving him the appearance of a human.

But now, X practically was a human. He would soon be hungry, and thirsty, and he would have impure thoughts. All of these scared him — he had no clue what would come of it. He just had to hope he could find his grace's host soon.

Despite having seen this before in action, — and having been one of the angels to defend the grace's host — X believed that he would somehow be immune to the love and the pain that murder would bring him. He thought he would just simply convince the human to let him kill them, then he would return to heaven and live normally once more. He was confident in his actions for the next two months as he started walking towards a star shining brighter than others in the distance, knowing it was a marker for his grace.

But X was wrong, so wrong.

-

After a week of walking, X had 7 weeks left to complete his task before his older brother, Michael, would end his life as an angel. He had reached a rather large town, named Busan. His grace's host lived in a large, white, 2-story house, and was the daughter of an electronics CEO. He got close to her by posing as a tutor in her most troubled subject, Math.

Her name was Y, and she was the most beautiful thing X had ever seen. When she was around him, he could feel what he presumed was what humans referred to as 'nervous'. His heart would beat and his stomach would churn. As he would sit next to her on her bed, he looked around her very pastel room at the photos hanging on the wall. Despite the fact her family had absolutely no doubt she was their daughter and had not just appeared a week ago, there still seemed to be no pictures in existence of her young, childhood years.

One day, Y took notice of his habit, and asked him about it, "What are you looking for?"

He turned back to her quickly, seeing her warm, chocolate brown eyes glistening, making his heart skip a beat. "Oh, uh, nothing much. Just wondering why I haven't seen any pictures of you as a kid. There seem to be a lot of pictures of you with your dad around your current age, but none before that."

Her head dropped, and he immediately felt bad for bringing it up. He wanted to turn back time and erase everything he had said, even the thought that came with it. "Oh . . . that. You see, my mom died last year from an aneurysm. The pictures from before this year all included her, and it hurt to look at them, so we took them all down."

"Who's 'we'?"

Y seemed to cower away from X after the intense question. "The, uh, the maids."

X recognized that he had overstayed his visit for the day. He bid the host goodbye, then showed himself the door. As he shut her bedroom door, he saw her sit at the windowsill, but upon looking out, she nearly fell off the seat.

X rushed down the stairs and out the front door of the Y family's household, desperate to see what had frightened Y. When he walked off the front step, he was looking dead into the eyes of Gabriel, the messenger archangel.

"Well, hello, brother." Gabriel spit the word out with such venom and disgust, X was afraid Y had heard the daggers in his tone from her secluded room.

"You and your posse are a little late to the Protection Party, don't you think?"

background/my thoughts on it:

honestly what the fuck was i doing when i thought of this???? also i found it very funny that i was listening to rollercoaster by chungha when editing the names out of this