Part 2

i woke up the next morning, showered, and got dressed into a t-Shirt, shorts, and some black converse. i went in the kitchen to get breakfast and found my stepdad at the table, drinking some coffee and reading a newspaper, "good morning dad." i say as i look over to him. he kept his eyes on his papers and murmured a "good morning" back. i sighed as i grabbed a granola bar and ran into scotty's room. he was at his desk working on one of his weird science things when i walked in, "you ready?" I ask my brother. he nods as he finishes up what he was working on and we head out.

we walked down the street and were walking through some bushes, simply exploring, when we walked into a sandlot. these kids were in the middle of a game. i grabbed Scotty's hand and told him to come with me. he refused saying he wanted to hang where he was. i shrugged and walked towards the side, not wanting to interrupt the game, and headed towards a rock i thought would be good to sit on. as i was walking i made eye contact with the boy i had seen the day before, the one that winked at me. he smiled and me and i returned it out of politeness. i went and sat on this huge rock and was watching the game when the boy hit the ball and it went really far....heading towards scottie. everyone started yelling at him to get out of the way but of course he was completely oblivious. as always, until the very last second. i looked up and he yelled, it had hit him in the face. i ran over to him and helped him up, "oh my god, are you okay?" i asked while everyone crowded around scottie and i. there were some kids that looked to be around Scotty' s age and some to be around my age. the boy from earlier looked at me and said , "it was accident. i'm sorry." "yeah i know, we're gonna go but thanks for apologizing." he nodded and i walked home with scotty.

when we got home our mom was worried, "oh my goodness. what happened to you? y/n, what happened to him?" she grabbed scotty's hand and brought him to the kitchen, giving him an ice pack which he put on his eye.
of course my stepdad was no where to be seen but who cares. he was probably in his office working.

i went outside after eating lunch with my new book and sat on my porch steps and started reading. i had been outside for a little while when i saw the brown haired guy from the sandlot.