Part 12

The next morning I woke up in the best mood ever. Things were gonna be back to normal with Benny. Although I wasn't sure if I still liked Benny in the way I used to. It was okay though, I'm happy that we are okay. I got dressed and was walking to the sandlot when Benny ran up to me. "Y/n!" he yelled. "Benny!" I yelled back. "You heading to the Sandlot?" He asked me. "Yeah...you?" I asked smirking. "Well yeah," he said. Obviously he was, this boy was addicted to baseball, for Benny, baseball was life.

He thought we were back to normal, but it wasn't. I wanted it to be, but it just wasn't. Benny was confusing though, he was either in a really good mood and very talkative or in a really bad mood and doesn't talk. But that was just the way he was.

We walked and laughed and when we got to the sandlot everyone was confused. I could understand why. Just yesterday Benny was completely ignoring me and now he is in the best mood you have ever seen him in. I am happy for him though, at least he is in a good mood.

We played ball all day long like usual and when you were about to go inside your house Ham went up to you, "Y/n!" he yelled. "Yes?" you asked. "What's up with you and Benny?" he asked confused, "Nothing, I guess we just had a little fight or something. We are still friends obviously." I said smiling. "Obviously things are back to normal. Benny was looking at you all lovey-dovey like," he said laughing. "Stop it! Bye Ham!" I said and walked into my house. When I walked inside Scotty walked outside. "Bye y/n!" he yelled as he ran down the street with his bag.  Scotty was having a sleepover with Yeah-yeah tonight. I waved and went inside. I showered and got into my pajamas. My mom made pasta for the two of us and I told her about everything that happened in the past few days. (I left out the part about Phillips)

It was 8 o'clock and "dad" was supposed to be home by now. Then another hour past and he still wasn't home. I didn't think much of it and went to read in my room. It was 11 o'clock and I had just finished reading when I had heard the door slam open. I jolted up and was about to see what was happening. I heard my dad's voice and went back to bed. He was obviously drunk, his words were all slurred and I could hear him hitting into things. My mom yelled ta him, obviously mad and I heard a smack. She screamed slightly and I walked out of my room when my mom walked up to me, "Go to one of your friend's houses for the night." she said. I nodded and went out of my window. I started to cry when I heard screams of pain and anger.

I ran to Benny's house and went to his window, I knocked on it. He came to the window and opened it. "Y/n are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Can I stay with you for the night?" I asked. "Yeah sure. Come inside," he said and he pulled me inside. I hugged him and started to cry. "What's wrong y/n?" he asked. "My dad was d-drunk and he s-started to hit my m-mom. She told me to go to a f-friend so I came here." I said. He pulled me in for a hug, "Im sorry." We lie next to one another and I fell asleep right away.

The next morning I woke up cuddling Benny. You tapped his shoulder. "I'm gonna go home and see if things are...better," I said. He nodded and I climbed out his window. I knocked on the door and my mom immediately pulled me in. "I just dropped some clothes off at Scotty's friend's house. He is gonna be staying there for a little while. Benny's mom told me you went to Benny's house." I blushed. That meant she saw us..."She said it was fine for you to stay there." I nodded and grabbed the bag and walked outside, "Call me, mom." I said. She nodded and closed the door. I walked back over to Benny's house and knocked on the door. His mom answered, "Hi Ms.Rodriguez. Im sorry about...sneaking in." I said, looking down. She pulled me in for a hug. "It's okay querida," she said. I understood her because I knew a little Spanish. "Stay as long as you need," she said. "But can I talk to you first?" she asked, I nodded and we sat on the couch. "I want you to stay in Benny's room with him. I feel that would be good for you," she said. "Oh okay...thank you Ms.Rodriguez," I said, grateful. "Don't be doing any asquerosa stuff though querida," she said. I nodded I didn't know that word but I acted like I did. I walked to Benny's room. "You know?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "What does asquerosa mean?" I asked and put my bag down. "Nasty. Why?" he asked. "Your mom told me that we aren't allowed to do any "asqueroso stuff," I said. He laughed, "Why would we?" he asked laughing. "I don't even know," I said. We fell down laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny?" his mom asked while walking into the room. "Nada mama," Benny said. She raised her eyebrow, "Where you wanna sleep?" she asked me. "Um...where do you want me to sleep?" I asked. "You can sleep with Benny," she said. I nodded and she walked out. "Estoy ayudando este chico y el no dice gracias." I heard her mumble as she walked down the hall. (I am helping this boy and he doesn't even say thank you) How is she helping him? Whatever. "Wanna go play ball?" he asked. "Yeah," I said. "Well do you wanna get dressed first...or me?" he asked. "You can," I said. I walked out and sat on the couch. "Do you want some breakfast, y/n?" Ms.Rodriguez asked. "Yes please." She made eggs and handed me a plate. She sat across from me and I ate the eggs, "Thank you." I said. She nodded and I kept eating in silence. "Y/n?" she said. "Yes?" I asked. "Creo que deberias sabar que le gustas a Benny." she said smiling. (I think you should know Benny likes you) What? "What?" I asked. "Sorry querida. I said Benny is a nice boy." she said smiling. No, she didn't. "Yo hablo algo de Espanol." I said (I speak some Spanish) "Um...don't tell him I said that. I nodded and smiled. Benny liked me, he liked me. I cleared my plate and knocked on Benny's door. He opened the door, "Your turn," he said. I smirked, "Your breakfast is ready," I said still smiling. He looked confused but then walked out.