Part 13

I got dressed and Benny and I left and started our journey to the sandlot. I couldn't stop smiling at Benny. He looked at me confused, "What?" he asked. "Nothing..." I said then laughed and walked faster. He just looked at me confused and caught up to me. "Um okay..." he said. We walked to the field and I ran up to Scotty who looked confused. I didn't want to tell him about what happened with Mom and Bob. "Mom and dad are just going through a...fight," I said. "Who are you staying with?" Scotty asked. "Benny," I said. Benny winked at him. "Why him?" he asked. I glared at him, "Why Yeah-yeah?" he looked at me mad. "I am closest with him," he said. I nodded, "Exactly Im closest with Benny." I said. He glared at me, "Didn't look like it the other day." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, I just wanted to see how my little brother was doing." I walked away.

Everything was going well until lunchtime when Ham started getting grumpy. "I wanna eat!" he yelled. I was also pretty hungry. "Me too," I said. "Me three," Bertram said. Everyone started saying they were hungry when Benny finally gave in, "Fine let's go eat. You guys got any money?" he asked. "I just got my allowance. It's enough for lunch for all of us at the diner." Bertram said. "Perfect, go get it," Benny said. I smiled at him, I couldn't get him off my mind since earlier. Benny smiled back and walked over to me. "What's up with you?" he asked. "Nada Benny," I said as I smiled and ran to Bertram. Benny ran up to me confused. We got to the diner and I sat next to Ham and Benny. Benny was looking at me all confused and whenever he asked me the question I just said, "Nada Benny,"

We went back to the lot and played some more. After we got back to Benny's house we went in his room. "How long do you think I'm gonna stay with you?" I asked him. As I sat on his bed. "I don't know." He said as he sat down next to me. I put his head on his shoulder and he looked at me and blushed.

The night we are dinner and then just hung out in his room reading magazines. It was 12 o'clock when I saw Bob's car drive into the driveway of my house. I went to the window and Benny came up behind me, "He is home late." I nodded. He immediately started hitting my mom and telling at her. I looked away and sat on the bed, "I can't take it anymore." I said. I grabbed the phone that was in his room and dialed the police station. "911 what's your emergency?" The operator asked. "My stepdad is abusing my mom. I'm at my friend's house across the street from them. The address is [enter address]." I said. " We are on our way. " the operator said and hung up. "That was the right thing to do." He said. I looked at him, "I know. But my family is in deep shit. My mom works as a waitress. That isn't enough to support the three of us." I said. He just looked at me and hugged me.

The police got to my house and arrested Bob. "I can't do this y/n." She said to me. "What are we gonna do?" I asked. "You mean what am I gonna do. Yeah-yeah's parents decided to be Scotty's new guardian and Benny's parents decided to be yours." she said. I saw Mr and Mrs Rodriguez and gave them both a big hug. "I am gonna live with grandma." My mom said. "Get your clothes and stuff." My mom said. "Tomorrow we will go to the store and get you your own bed. Your gonna share a room with Benny if that's okay, querida?" she asked. "Of course, thank you." I said and hugged her.

Benny helped me bring my stuff over and we rearranged the room, leaving room for my bed. "I'm sorry y/n," Benny said when we finished. "Yeah, I'm sad I won't live with my mom or Scotty but I'm not going to lie, I'm glad Bob's in jail." I said. Benny nodded, "I agree." He said and hugged me.

I don't know what I was feeling about Benny. Did I like him or not? I didn't even know. I will just continue flirting with him and see what happens.

Authors Note:
I'm sorry this was so cheesy but I think it's adds a good plot twist to the whole story. (The Bob being abusive) I'm gonna defiantly be writing more in this book. I have so many ideas.