🔪My Baby Shot Me Down - Caleb Quinn🔪

My Baby Shot Me Down
 Caleb Quinn (The Deathslinger) x Reader
⚠ Warnings:
  angst (?), Fluff
  • Profanity

Caleb Quinn was undeniably your best friend. Had he gone to the hospital, you would've been married. That's what your mother planned. She had an arranged marriage for you to marry the Irish man and expand on perhaps a new bloodline of engineering. A new future for the L/ns and a hopeful future for the Quinns.

When you heard news that Caleb attempted murder, you tried everything in your might to not believe it. But when he came to visit that same day, you noticed the blood on his hands and the new additions he added to his gun. The blood and parts of guts stained all of his weapon. It was a grotesque sight to you and when you both stood there at the door, your mom had to enter at the wrongest time.

Caleb's insanity twitched at his gun and something flew past your head... instead, it landed straight in the eye of another.... Your mother's.

You can never forgive Caleb for what he did to your parent. For killing her instantly. But you dearly wish for your friend. The friend you grew to love. And the murderer of your mom you grew to hate.

When you sat at the bench, staring straight at you to hear of his fate, you cried silently. You expected him to die by hanging but instead, he was put in Hellshire Penitentiary.

And that's where you stood right now, at the gates of the private prison.

×××

"I've come to see Caleb Quinn." You told the man. He nods and gets up from his wooden chair, leading you to the cell of an old friend.

"Caleb." You spoke. It wasn't a question. Nor was it to call him. Either way, the said man stood up from his bed. His towering height couldn't intimidate you when he stood behind bars but you still grew shivers.

"Well look at what we have here. I'll be damned. I didn't expect you to come so late." Caleb's raspy voice shook his cell. As he let out a groggy chuckle, you step back.

"Is that how you greet n'old friend? Caleb asked. He had a sickening smirk on his features that you dearly wished to punch out but thought better of it.

His hands rested on his hips as yours were crossed at your chest.

×××

"Caleb, I've been missing you but I just can't bring myself to forgive you. I never knew this side of you and it scared... scares me." You hesitate to speak anymore. But thought the better of it and inhale, "So, I think it's best if we left each other for good."

Caleb only nodded. But as you hear closely, the sound of a snicker entered your ears.

"Why are you laughing?" You ask, lifting your head up and straightening your posture.

"It's nothing, love." Caleb told you. You shake your head, "I'm going overseas with my dad. He says it's best if I don't ever see you in fear I'll get hurt by you."

Caleb nods.

"Goodbye hug?" He smirks. You shake your head. "No goodbye hug. Not from you." You glare. You look at the exit doors and headed to it.

You loved Caleb. Now, you love and hate him. But you wished you hated him a bit more.

"You'll never leave me, Y/n. Somehow, one of us comes back." Caleb noted. You shake your head, "Let's make it never happen then... Just do your time and forget about me." You push the door and left the facility, leaving Caleb to think God knows what.