22 ~ TikTok

"It's really inconvenient I'm friends with someone who keeps going out of town."

Snorting, I hand Chloe a bag of doughnut holes I picked up, even though it's 4 p.m. Who doesn't love coffee and doughnuts? "My man needs me to support him. Especially now that he's going to be a champion." I sip my iced coffee. "I need to fight off the attention whores."

"What a loving relationship." She deadpans, moving to where I block the sun from here face. "One that causes my own to suffer."

Placing a hand over my heart, I gasp. "Are-are you going to miss me?"

She jabs my side. "Even flies are missed after they buzz around your head long enough."

"Damn, that one hurt." I admit, leaning down to buzz in her ear. "But, seriously, what are you gonna do without me?"

"My usual. Maggie wants to go for a walk tomorrow and then we'll probably watch the game." She shrugs. "My special friend will fill up the rest of my time."

Oh. I'm not sure how to respond to that. Maybe I am a bit of a prude because I still feel myself twitch with uncomfortableness every time she mentions him.

"Let me know if you see my gorgeous face on the screen." I wink and she shoves my face away.

"I'm sure plenty of people on Twitter will do that for me."

"It's not my fault I'm a hottie." I grin. My singleness means I have more people fawning over me than Ashton. "All this attracts the babes."

"And to think there was a time I thought you could be modest." She sighs.

"Modest isn't hottest, Chlo-bear." I sing. "And I'm hot as fuck."

"That's debatable." Saffron takes my coffee. "Hi, Chloe."

"Hi, Saff." She smiles. "Done anything fun today?"

"I punched Jace and RJ called and said he loved me." She drinks half my coffee in one sip. "Today's been great."

Yes, my baby sister is in love with one of my best friends. I hope it works out for her. "Saffron, RJ loves you as his sister."

"That's what he has to say, I'm a child." She groans and Chloe hides a laugh.

"I hope that 12-year age gap works for you." I pat her back.

"Age is just a number, Bubs." She glares and I panic. "Ella was older than you. Scarlett is older than Ashton."

My smile falls as I crouch down. "Our age gaps are a lot smaller than yours. Romeo and Juliet laws only cover so many years."

Rolling her eyes, her hair whips my face as she turns away. "Chloe, how old are you?"

"I'm 17." She offers.

"When's your birthday?"

"Why do you want to know?" Chloe blinks.

"Because I want to know." My sister pouts her lips and bats her lashes. I avert my eyes and she's not even trying to sucker me. The puppy dog eyes are my downfall. "Please."

Just when I think Chloe is gonna stay strong, she caves. "My birthday is in February."

"What day?" My sister smiles slyly.

"Do I really..." Chloe bites her thumb and mutters a swear word. "February 14th."

Holy shit. "That means your birthday is–"

"Yes. My birthday is on Valentine's Day!" She snaps and I double over in laughter. "Stop laughing!"

"But-But you hate love." I wheeze. "God has a sense of humor after all."