Chapter 10 = Back To Square 1.5

Nice name.

I thought, as I turned the book over.

It was about the size of my hand which wasn't very big.

It was light pink with a red heart on the front. It had a lock too but I wasn't too worried about that.

I closed the cabinet door and took out a pin from my purse. I started to use it to open the lock.

In a few seconds, the lock was open.

I flipped through the first couple of pages. It was just personal stuff about Claire's life and I didn't want to read it because it was just too painful to read about her life knowing that she was dead.

I was going through the pages when I found a heading marked CITIES CAMERA SECURITY PASSWORDS.

I started reading it.

CITIES CAMERA SECURITY PASSWORDS

Website: CitiesCameraSecuritySystem

Username: Cities_Camera_Security

Password: Ytiruces_Aremac_Seitic

I noticed that the username was the same as the password except the fact that the password was backwards.

There was more stuff in the book but I didn't have time to read it now and this was just about all that I needed.

I got out of the bathroom and back into her bedroom.

I looked around and then all the memories came back to me.

The parties we had had here. The sleepovers and a lot of other stuff too like our first prank, etc.

The day on her 10th birthday we had tried to make a cake but had ended up having an egg fight and almost burnt the oven.

I slowly went around looking at the photos on the walls and the table.

As I was about to leave, I saw a small photo near the door. It was of Claire and me when we were seven. Both of us had out arms around each other and were trying to balance ourselves because we were laughing too much and were in the middle of an ice rink.

"Goodbye Claire." I murmured before I turned and left.

When I got home, I opened up my laptop and went to the website mentioned in the diary.

A message popped up on my screen.

Please fill in the details:

Username: __________

Password: __________

I typed in the details.

Welcome! Flashed across my screen.

There was a search box in which you were supposed to type the place, date and time.

I wrote The Highway Road, August 31st, 12:45. The video opened up.

I watched it for five minutes and nothing happened. I was about to give up when I saw a cab cross the road.

I replayed those couple of seconds and zoomed in to see the face of the person in the cab.

No, I thought, it can't be.

Because that person in the car was Carol.

I rested back in my chair, thinking that how could this be possible. He had made so much sense.

I changed timing of the video to 2:00 AM.

After a few seconds, I saw a cab pass. I zoomed in to see who was sitting in it. Sure enough, it was Carol.

No other cars passed the road that night.

I changed the timing to 8:00 PM.

After a few minutes, I saw another cab go down the road. I zoomed in and saw that Carol was sitting there.

I changed the time to a couple of hours later and saw a cab come back. I zoomed in and saw that Carol was sitting in the cab.

I was so shocked that I thought I might stop breathing.

All along I had thought that Carol had been the thief and Claire's murderer and had been wrong.

He even had an alibi.

But he made so much sense.

I thought.

I calmed myself down only to start panicking again in a couple of seconds.

Then realization struck me that Claire's murderer could be anyone now that I had no clue who it could be.

Not quite.

I thought to myself when a land landed on my shoulder.