Chapter 3

Trying to hide this relationship from the rest of the members because of how close we all are. For the first few weeks, we didn't try to make it too obvious. As time went on, we slowly started showing signs of a relationship. San even hinted on Twitter that he was seeing someone. I gave him permission to tweet that because it didn't say who, just that he is seeing someone. Right away, people began theorizing about who that person could be. Some ATINY were being hilarious, saying 'oh, it's probably just Wooyoung and Mingi again.' Little do they know, it's actually me. Soon, the members started to catch on. . . Then, six months later, they began asking.
"Hey, what's been going on between you and San? You guys seem very loving towards each other." Hongjoong said.
"Well, um, you see we've been dating for the past 6 months now." I said.
"Really?" Hongjoong asked, shocked.
"Yes, really. You can ask him." I said.
"He's practicing right now." Hongjoong said.
"Well, ask when he's finished. We really wanted to tell the other members sooner, but we were scared that it would cost his career. " I said.
"If you were honest, I'm sure the company would work something out for you guys." Hongjoong said, giving me some light of hope.
"Oh, okay. Thanks, Hongjoong. You're the best." I said.
"Always." Hongjoong said, then we hugged.

Hongjoong left my dorm room, then each of the members came to me to ask the same question. Finally, after seeing each member, I called for a PR staff meeting. I need to tell my coworkers that this is happening between San and I. My boss was at the meeting too, which makes me super nervous. I called San so he could also be at the meeting. When the staff meeting was over, a huge sigh of relief left my mouth. San rubs my shoulders, saying that I did great. We leave the conference room. Now that my staff knows, it's time for the fans to know. The ATEEZ tour starts tomorrow. At the end of every concert, San and I will announce our relationship. This is going to be crazy, but I'm ready to start this journey with San, and I know ATEEZ has my back.

That next morning bright and early, we hop on the tour bus. Mingi starts singing Star 1117, and I join in. Soon, the rest of the members sing their part of the song. We start the chorus, San puts an arm around my shoulders and starts waving back and forth. He looks into my eyes, singing, "forever you are my star." Then, we continue the song and into the second chorus. We finish the song together, applauding each other.
"Wow, you can sing too?" Hongjoong asked.
"I took three years of choir in high school. Then, I was in a choir in college. I started choir in 3rd grade of elementary school." I said.
"Wow!" ATEEZ chorus.
"I love singing, but I was too shy to become a legit singer." I said.
"Perform a song with us." San said, "The last song of the concert, then we announce our relationship."
"Do you really want me to?" I asked.
"Yes." ATEEZ said in unison.
"Oh, okay I guess I'll do it." I said.

We arrived at our first venue in Seoul. There's already a thousand people lined outside the venue, waiting to go in. The bus takes us around the back, and ATEEZ leads me to their green room. Hongjoong hands me the setlist and I read the last song in shock: Dancing Like Butterfly Wings. Their last song is my favorite song. I have been watching them practice this song for hours, so much that I have started learning the choreography. I only have a few hours to learn it completely, but ATEEZ believes in me. There is plenty of room in this green room to arrange the choreography to fit me in. They don't have to change much, just make a little room for me. I play the song on my phone, and we start going through the choreography step by step. I nod my head, understanding it.

Once learning the choreography after a few hours, there's merely a few minutes until the concert starts. Hongjoong waves me over to join their chant before going on stage. I put my hand in. Did I also mention that I got fitted for a stage outfit so I match the guys? Yes, so I got a stage outfit made just for me for the last song I'll be performing with ATEEZ. I tried it on in the bathroom, and it looks so good. I love it. I am no longer just a PR manager, but an honorary member of ATEEZ. The only female member. I feel honored just to have that title. Before going on stage, I get a text from my boss:
I see that you are very special to the members of ATEEZ. I haven't seen them this happy in a long time. I would like to promote you as an honorary female member of ATEEZ. You are no longer a PR manager, but a member of ATEEZ. Enjoy and have fun out there!
Me: Omg! Thank you so much! So, I am a member of ATEEZ?!
Boss: Yes! Congrats!
I stuff my phone into my back pocket, not given time to process all of this. Hongjoong gives me the queue to come out on stage. The song starts and I get into position. The fans haven't noticed me yet, but they're about to. I'm sure my boss is going to tell ATEEZ that I'm a part of their group now. This is crazy. I am performing, singing, dancing with ATEEZ. I never imagined this moment ever in my life. We finish performing, then San stands center stage with me.
"Everyone! This is my girlfriend. Our PR manager has become very special to me. Give her love!" San exclaimed.
"Hi, everyone. My name is Raeshel Miller, and I am now an honorary female member of ATEEZ. Surprise!" I exclaimed.
"Wait, what?" San asked.
"My boss promoted me. I'm part of your group now." I said.
San stands there, eyes blinking, and speechless, "Well. Welcome to the ATEEZ team. We are still 8, but with one extra member to perform with us during this tour. Ready?"
"8 makes 1 team, 감사합니다!" We say in unison.